Potato Pancakes
Using Mussels
Hungarian Gyros
Corned beef and cabbage
~~~~~~~~~
From: hermit <[email hidden]>
Subject: Potato Pancakes
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 04:25:56 -0500
I would appreciate a good recipe for potato pancakes.
Thanks
~~~~~~~~~
From: "Bo Hica" <[email hidden]>
Subject: Recipes for Mussels?
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 14:51:14 GMT
Looking for something hopefully quick, garlicky, and possibly appropriate to
serve with pasta. Local store has live mussels on sale this weekend - and
due to scheduling I'll only cook for the family one night this week. Can
someone point me to a favorite?
TIA - Bo
~~~~~~~~~
From: [email hidden]
Subject: Hungarian Gyros!
Date: 12 Mar 2005 22:01:43 -0800
I was in Budapest recently and couldn't get enough of the city's gyros!
They were different from the Greek-American style I'm used to in the
US. They had two sauces - one spicy and one mint-cucumber. The
Hungarian ones were also made with an open, stuffed pita, rather than a
whole one rolled around the filling. Does anyone know the distinction
and if the former style is available in the US? Does anyone have sauce
recipes??
Thanks!
~~~~~~~~~
From: "Pete" <[email hidden]>
Subject: Corned beef and cabbage
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 10:49:49 -0500
Anyone have any interesting recipes for corned beef and cabbage? I just put
a piece of corned beef in the crock-pot, the next day slice it up and then
add potatoes and cabbage. St. Patties Day wouldn't be the same without it!!
I don't know if there are any other varieties or not but it would be
interesting. Thanks in advance.
~~~~~~~~~
Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.
Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email hidden]