General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Saturday, October 25, 2003

Started by Patricia D . Hi · · Last activity · 1 post · 320 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
12 January 2004
Last activity
12 January 2004
Original author
Patricia D . Hi
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
320
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Bugs Bunny 50th Birthday Carrot Cake good tasting low sodium/low fat. recipes Curried Chicken Salad
    Pakistanian Dessert Cheese Balls Beef & Barley Soup with Vegetables and Mushrooms.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Lynn Snyder" <[email hidden]> Subject: Bugs Bunny 50th Birthday Carrot Cake Date: Fri,
    24 Oct 2003 23:26:13 -0400

    Hi

    i am looking for a recipe that I had lost about a year ago and it has just killed off my family. I
    had a recipe from a Southern Living Time or Life or some other magazine from 89/90 that was a carrot
    cake recipe for bugs bunny's big 50 birthday bash. this is not the one i keep finding on the net
    that uses 2 cups of cake flour. This one that I am looking for used both regular flour and also
    wheat flour. it has always been a family favorite and some one took it and It has been lost forever
    I have spent the last 3 months lookin for it on the net. So please if anyone has this recipe it
    would mean so much to me and my family if you could post it.

    Stella Snyder ICQ#: 165666945

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: lehy <[email hidden]> Subject: good tasting low sodium/low fat. recipes Date: Sat, 25 Oct
    2003 08:05:47 -0700

    I am also looking for good tasting cardiac/renal friendly recipes----low sodium/low fat.

    Thanks!

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: lehy <[email hidden]> Subject: Request Curried Chicken Salad Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003
    08:05:47 -0700

    I am looking for a Curried Chicken Salad recipe.

    Thanks!

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "No One" <[email hidden]> Subject: REQ: Pakistanian Dessert Cheese Balls? Date: Sat, 25 Oct
    2003 23:45:59 -0400

    Years ago I had a friend from Pakistan whose wife made this delicious dessert. This is all I know
    about it - may not even be correct.

    Gallon of milk that is cooked to reduce. I think sugar and Cardamom is added. The whole reduction is
    placed in something to drain. The leftover stuff is then formed into sort of mini-footballs about
    the size of a tennis ball. Everything is white and seemed to be in some sort of a scant sweet white
    cream sauce. Anyone know what I'm talking about?? and have a recipe for them?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Robert Dabbs" <[email hidden]> Subject: Beef & Barley Soup with Vegetables and
    Mushrooms. Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 23:07:52 -0700

    I have eaten many good Beef with Barley Soups, but have yet to find a recipe for one I like. I would
    like a Beef & Barley Soup with Vegetables and Mushrooms.

    TIA

    Wayne

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for recipes are accepted for
    posting. Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.

    Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler Lead Moderator Patricia Hill Recipes, requests, questions and
    comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.