REQUESTS from Thursday, February 19, 2004

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D . Hi, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Pumpkin & Mushroom Soup Stuffed Breast of Veal Strawberries Romanov vegetarian pineapple curry Yassa
    (Senegalese Chicken)

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Robert \(Bob\) Taubman" <[email protected]> Subject: Pumpkin & Mushroom Soup Date: Thu, 19
    Feb 2004 09:10:28 -0500

My wife was in Delaware on business and had some pumpkin-mushroom soup. Would appreciate any
    recipes for same.

Thank you,

Bob Taubman Ottawa, Ontario

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Richard M. Kennedy" <[email protected]> Subject: Stuffed Breast of Veal Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004
    18:01:59 -0500

Does anyone have a favorite concoction for stuffed breast of veal?

I made it many, many years ago guided by a 1979 paperback edition of Everyday French Cooking by
    Henri-Paul Pellaprat in "an American adaptation" by Avanelle Day. Its "Poitrine de Veau Farcie"
    called for a stuffing consisting of bread soaked in bouillon or milk,, sausage, onion, parsley,
    and celery all bound together with egg, seasoned with salt, pepper and sage, baked in a casserole
    for 1-1/2 to 2 hours in a 325 F slow oven with a small amount of bouillon or water with some
    sliced carrots and small onions. About all I remember was that it was pretty good and that I was
    intimidated by the process of separating the ribs from the breast, discovering that it helped to
    use a really sharp knife.

I also have a 1970 paperback edition held together by a rubber band of James Beard's How to Eat
    Better for Less Money with a similar recipe. The main differences seem to be that he browns the
    breast, does not soak the bread, uses tarragon as the main herb, has no celery, uses 2 eggs for the
    binder, and uses white wine as the braising liquid. He also allows for either simmering the
    casserole on the stove or baking it "until tender" as much as 3 hours. In keeping with his title
    about an economical approach to cooking, he suggests the meat could be ground pork or ground left-
    over pork or ham.

I could try the Beard this time, but I thought I would see if anyone had a favorite that was a bit
    different.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Kim Dailey" <[email protected]> Subject: REQ: Strawberries Romanov Date: Thu,
    19 Feb 2004 00:09:29 -0000

Does anyone have a recipe for Strawberries Romanov

Any posts/responses are appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Sticks Random" <[email protected]> Subject: vegetarian pineapple curry request Date:
    Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:51:30 +1100

hi

i was wondering if anyone had any vegetarian/vegan friendly recipes for a pinapple curry.

thanks! blake

~~~~~~~~~

From: "Dee Wilcox." <[email protected]> Subject: Yassa (Senegalese Chicken) Date: Wed, 18
    Feb 2004 01:14:24 -0000

I'm wondering if anyone has a recipe to make Yassa (Senegalese Chicken) I'd like to make some
    myself. I hear it was really deliciousl. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks, Dee

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for recipes are accepted for
    posting. Please allow two to five days for your submission to appear.

Requests Moderator Betty E. Kohler Lead Moderator Patricia Hill Recipes, requests, questions and
    comments: [email protected]

Tags: