General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Thursday, September 22, 2005

Started by Patricia D. Hill · · Last activity · 1 post · 335 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
23 September 2005
Last activity
23 September 2005
Original author
Patricia D. Hill
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
335
Views / 30 days
1

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. using udad dal, matpe beans
    Teaberry ice cream
    white beans and shrimp patties
    Florida Bean Soup
    Wisconsin Cheese Soup
    King Ranch Chicken . no soup
    Johnneycakes
    Clams Posillipo

    From: [email hidden]
    Subject:using udad dal, matpe beans

    I have some Udad Dal, aka Chilka, aka split Matpe beans- I've been
    looking for recipes and only have found a chutney and an idli. I was
    hoping for a dinner from this dal. any ideas??? I found one
    reference online at http://www.studyworld.com/culinary/Dawat.htm for
    Kali Dal
    Slow-simmered matpe beans and red kidney beans, flavored with tomatoes
    and ginger . sounds good, but no recipe.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Pete" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Teaberry ice cream
    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:13:50 -0400

    Does anyone have any teaberry ice cream recipes that I can make in my ice
    cream maker? The local ice cream place makes that flavor and I just love
    it
    but want to make it myself. Thanks in advance.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 11:08:23 -0500
    Subject: Request white beans and shrimp patties
    From: [email hidden]

    Does anyone have a recipe for a dish that has white beans and shrimp into
    a cake or a pattie.
    I had this a few years ago and would appreciate anyone knowing the name
    and/or
    the recipe. Thank you.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 01:39:56 +0500
    From: " Taylor.Bowling" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Florida Bean Soup

    Looking for this soup. Thanx

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Chelsea Steele" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Wisconsin Cheese Soup
    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:34:02 +0000

    I have tasted some wonderful creamy versions of Cheese Soup and would like
    to make it myself. How do you make it without it curdling?

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Diane Shea" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: King Ranch Chicken . no soup
    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:49:40 -0700

    I tasted a version of this casserole made from scratch. It is so good! A
    recipe, please.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Nicole Gagliano" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Johnneycakes
    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 09:29:30 -0700

    I am wishing for a recipe for authentic Johnneycakes. Thank you
    Nicole Gagliano

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Erica Mccauley" <[email hidden]>
    Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 23:52:56 +0200
    Subject: Clams Posillipo

    This is my last hope. Several restaurancts around here make this clam
    dish. I would like a recipe.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.