REQUESTS from Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D. Hill, Apr 13, 2005.

  1. Dried Tuna for Sushi
    Orange Date Nut Bread
    flavorful new pasta recipes

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: TC <[email protected]>
    Subject: Dried Tuna for Sushi
    Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:57:15 GMT

    SUSHI PURISTS: Please don't flame me for the following
    message/question.

    One of my favorite sushi pieces is made with a dried tuna product. I
    get this sushi at a Chinese buffet restaurant in VA.
    It is a dark brown/maroon paste, apparently consisting of dried tuna.
    It is served in a roll, a la California Roll. The taste is a strong
    fish taste, quite salty.

    I have looked on the Internet, but have not been able to find this recipe
    or how to make or get the drid tuna product, and I was wondering if anyone
    knows about this
    Given my choice, I'll take a good Spider Roll any day, but this sushi
    at this restaurant has become a guilty pleasure that I'd like to try
    and make at home.

    Thanks for any info, and for not flaming me.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: tdubya <[email protected]>
    Subject: Trout Menuire
    Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 07:50:51 -0500

    I live in Louisiana and have access to plenty of Speckle Trout from
    Lake Pontchartrain. Does anyone have a good recipe for Trout Menuire?

    Thank You

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: <[email protected]>
    Subject: Orange Date Nut Bread
    Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 17:51:48 -0500

    I'm looking for a heavy, moist, orange date nut bread recipe.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: Sarah Rodgers <[email protected]>
    Subject: Pasta recipe
    Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 23:17:21 GMT

    Hey all - I'm looking for some flavorful new pasta recipes, if anybody
    has one. Nothing too cheesy or with heavy creams. I'm trying to go
    healthy and light.
    Thanks and I look forward to drooling! :)

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]