General fitness, health and nutrition · Public discussion

REQUESTS from Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Started by Patricia D. Hill · · Last activity · 1 post · 262 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
General fitness, health and nutrition
Published
29 April 2005
Last activity
29 April 2005
Original author
Patricia D. Hill
Posts
1
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
262
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–1 of 1
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. crock pot recipes for beef
    Chili
    Irish Stew
    Thai cucumber salad
    Rhubarb B read
    Using Italian Sausage
    Wendy.s Apple Dumpling

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "labatyd" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: wanted: crock pot recipes for beef
    Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:14:33 -0600

    As the subject says, wanted: crock pot recipes for beef

    thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "GreenJello" <[email hidden]>
    Subject:

    I'm sure this isn't the first time y'all have gotten a request like
    this, but they're having a chili cook-off at work, and I'd love a great
    recipe to use. Here's the judging criteria:

    TASTE is above all else the most important factor. The taste should
    consist of a combination of meat, peppers, spices, etc., with no
    particular ingredient being dominant, but rather a blend of flavors.
    CONSISTENCY. Chili must have a good ratio between sauce and meat. It
    should not be dry, watery, grainy, lumpy or greasy.
    AROMA. Chili should smell good. This indicates what's in store when
    you taste it.
    COLOR. Chili should look appetizing. Reddish brown is generally
    accepted as good. Chili is not yellow or green.

    The winner gets used as the new chili recipe in the cafeteria. <grin>

    Thank you for all ideas!

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Donna Montgomery" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Thai cucumber salad

    Lookinf for a Thai salad made from cucumbers. Thank you

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Doug Nolan" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Rhubarb Bread
    Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 00:25:22 -0600

    Any one know the recipe for rhubarb bread???
    ~~~~~~~~~

    Subject: Using Italian Sausage
    From: "Thomas Cummings" <[email hidden]>

    I have bought some Boca Italian Sausage. I want to use this in recipes with pasta.
    Thank you very much, in advance, for your help.
    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Galen Dean" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Wendy.s Apple Dumpling
    Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:06:44 +0000

    Years ago Wendy.s had a great apple dumpling. I had a copycat recipe I used every
    now and them.. Now I need the recipe and I can.t find it. It was a pastry crust
    filled with an apple and wonderful seasoning. I would like any recipes which sound
    like this. Please help. Thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Simon Gorman" <[email hidden]>
    Subject: Irish Stew
    Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:10:50 +0000

    Someone please share a good recipe for this type
    of Stew so I can make it from scratch. Many thanks in advance!

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Leslie Messer" <[email hidden]>
    Subject:

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 03:40:09 +0400
    From: "Kyle Pierre" <[email hidden]>
    Subject:

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email hidden]

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.