REQUESTS from Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D. Hill, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. using Limes in main dishes
    Black Pearl Chocolate Cake
    blueberry muffins
    Frozen Fish Filets
    Ham Broccoli and Cheddar or Swiss
    Pork Chops with Onions and Apples
    Peach Fizz

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Ghost Bear" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Recipes using Limes
    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:18:23 -0600

    I work for a college hockey team and every year we have a party during =
    the last home games of our season. This year our theme is Lime. I need =
    fairly uncomplicated recipes using limes that will either hold at room =
    temp. or keep in a crockpot. I have some ideas but they are mostly =
    desserts. TIA

    D. Ghost Bear
    SolarBear #30
    Graduate 1992
    Ron Hextall's School of Goaltending
    Our Motto: Call as many penalties as you want, someone else has to sit.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Elaine T. Barton" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Black Pearl Chocolate Cake
    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:13:33 +0000

    Apparantly there was a cake featured in a recent issue of Bon Appetit
    called the Black Pearl. It is a three layer cake withy chocolate ganache
    between the layers and a white frosting on the top. The cake is flavored
    with wasabi and ginger. I had this cake the other night and it is
    terrific! I really want this recipe. The wasabi and ginger don.t stand
    out they just make the chocolate taste very rich.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 19:37:53 +0500
    From: "Judy Cash" <[email protected]>
    Subject: blueberry muffins

    I would like a good recipe for blueberry muffins using frozen blueberries.
    I am thinking of a muffin where I would add some frozen blueberries to the
    batter. Thanks

    Judy Cash

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:48:32 -0400
    From: "Alexis Golden" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Frozen Fish Filets

    I can buy bags of frozen fish filets at Sam.s Club. Part of my New Years
    resolution is to eat more fish. However this particular bag has been
    sitting in the freezer a while becaue I can.t think of tasty but healthful
    ways to fix them. Thanks for any help.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Donn M. Clarke" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Ham Brocoli and Cheddar or Swiss
    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:45:30 +0000

    I like the combination of ham, broccoli and either cheddar or swiss
    cheese. How about some casseroles with this combination. Thank you

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Julie" <[email protected]>
    Subject: Pork Chops with Onions and Apples
    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 07:24:13 -0500

    My Grandmother made a wonderful pork chop dish. She layered pork chops
    with slices of apple and onion. There was some sort of liquid poured over
    the top and brown sugar. She covered it and baked it. It had a great
    sweet and sour taste. I really loved this and wish I had asked for the
    recipe while I could get it. I hope someone out there has a recipe which
    is something like this. TIA
    ~~~~~~~~~

    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:21:51 -0500
    From: Enid <[email protected]>
    Subject: Peach Fizz

    How about a recipe for Peach Fizz which uses frozen peach slices. Thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: "Kathleen Ott" <[email protected]>
    Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 09:05:21 -0500
    Subject: Chocolate Fondue

    Looking for good chocolate fondue. Thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]