REQUESTS from Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Patricia D. Hill, Mar 3, 2005.

  1. authentic Mexican Carnitas
    Yogurt - Cream on top
    protein-rich, quick breakfasts
    US Army spaghetti sauce

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: hermit <[email protected]>
    Subject: Second request - Carnitas

    This is my second request for authentic Mexican Carnitas.

    Thanks

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: AK <[email protected]>
    Subject: Yogurt - Cream on top.

    Hi;

    Anyone here knows how to make Yogurt with cream on top? I know how to
    make yogurt, but I would like to make the cream on top style.

    Thx.,
    AK

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: [email protected]
    Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:28:42 EST
    Subject: protein-rich, quick breakfasts

    I have a bit of a dilemma. My daughter is 7 weeks pregnant in a very
    high-risk pregnancy. She works a lot of hours, and though she's an
    adequate cook,
    and I'm a good one, we're a bit stumped.
    We need ideas for quick breakfasts, protein-rich, that take little or no
    time to cook, and won't make her morning sickness worse. She thinks that
    cooking scrambled eggs takes too long, to give you an idea. She won't eat
    yoghurt
    or cottage cheese. Prep for stuff can be done the night before, and she
    has
    willingly reheated beef stew and chicken and dumplings that I've made
    before.
    It needs to be made without any lunch meats, bacon, or ham, as nitrates
    and
    nitrites are verboten for pregnant women now.

    Any ideas appreciated.

    Jeanne

    ~~~~~~~~~

    From: RM <[email protected]>
    Subject: US Army spaghetti sauce

    Hi:
    Any old army chefs here? I was in the US army back in the 60's and I have
    often yearned
    for the taste of the spaghetti sauce they served in the
    mess hall back then.
    I really liked it and have not been able to duplicate it with
    any ingredients I have tried so far.
    I was just wondering if any one has the recipe for that
    (preferably not for 1000 servings). Thank you.

    ~~~~~~~~~

    Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
    recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
    submission to appear.

    Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
    Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]