REQUESTS from Wednesday, March 2, 2005

Patricia D. Hill

Guest
authentic Mexican Carnitas
Yogurt - Cream on top
protein-rich, quick breakfasts
US Army spaghetti sauce

~~~~~~~~~

From: hermit <[email protected]>
Subject: Second request - Carnitas

This is my second request for authentic Mexican Carnitas.

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~

From: AK <[email protected]>
Subject: Yogurt - Cream on top.

Hi;

Anyone here knows how to make Yogurt with cream on top? I know how to
make yogurt, but I would like to make the cream on top style.

Thx.,
AK

~~~~~~~~~

From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 19:28:42 EST
Subject: protein-rich, quick breakfasts

I have a bit of a dilemma. My daughter is 7 weeks pregnant in a very
high-risk pregnancy. She works a lot of hours, and though she's an
adequate cook,
and I'm a good one, we're a bit stumped.
We need ideas for quick breakfasts, protein-rich, that take little or no
time to cook, and won't make her morning sickness worse. She thinks that
cooking scrambled eggs takes too long, to give you an idea. She won't eat
yoghurt
or cottage cheese. Prep for stuff can be done the night before, and she
has
willingly reheated beef stew and chicken and dumplings that I've made
before.
It needs to be made without any lunch meats, bacon, or ham, as nitrates
and
nitrites are verboten for pregnant women now.

Any ideas appreciated.

Jeanne

~~~~~~~~~

From: RM <[email protected]>
Subject: US Army spaghetti sauce

Hi:
Any old army chefs here? I was in the US army back in the 60's and I have
often yearned
for the taste of the spaghetti sauce they served in the
mess hall back then.
I really liked it and have not been able to duplicate it with
any ingredients I have tried so far.
I was just wondering if any one has the recipe for that
(preferably not for 1000 servings). Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~

Rec.food.recipes is a moderated newsgroup; only recipes and requests for
recipes are accepted for posting. Please allow two to five days for your
submission to appear.

Lead Moderator Patricia Hill
Recipes, requests, questions and comments: [email protected]