research results you might be interested in.......

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Smokey, Apr 3, 2003.

  1. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    after reading the various posts made lately here by ed gin, i thought i would do a search on all the
    google groups to check out his accomplishments. there were posts dated 2001 talking about how he had
    started riding again to help his type II diabetes. others mentioned his 10,000 annual miles each
    year, in fact this was mentioned several times. one did say he would probably get 15,000 miles this
    year, although at the time he had a little over 10,000 and the date on the post was 12/28. must have
    been one hell of a three days. now, i'm not a great bike rider, but i'm pretty good at numbers and
    all this doesn't add up to "hundreds of thousands of miles". and, of course, there were many
    thousands of lycra wearing posers on upwrong diamond frames that were easily passed. i believe greg
    lemond was even mentioned. so after carefully considering all the data, i came to one conclusion; ed
    gin is full of shit. flame away, ed!

    Tags:

  2. Mike Kruger

    Mike Kruger Guest

    "smokey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > after reading the various posts made lately here by ed gin, i thought i would do a search on all
    > the google groups to check out his accomplishments. there were posts dated 2001 talking about how
    > he had started riding again to help his type II diabetes. others mentioned his 10,000 annual miles
    > each year, ... i came to one conclusion; ed gin is full of shit. flame away, ed!

    I don't really know Ed as more than an acquaintance, but he certainly doesn't deserve this.

    Ed Gin is a frequent sight on local roads -- and by local, I mean within a 50 mile radius. Although
    so far as I know he has never ridden with my local bike club, but when we've seen him while out on
    our group rides, most everybody seems to recognize him. He has strong legs and is a fast rider with
    considerable endurance, based on the couple of times I've ridden with his recumbent rider group. He
    certainly does a lot of miles; if he says it's 10,000 I'm not going to doubt it. One winter he even
    arranged with a local parking garage to let them do laps indoors (expensive recumbents not being
    well attuned to road salt and slush).

    Furthermore, on those occasions when I've met him, he has seemed like a friendly guy who tries to
    make sure other people have a good ride.

  3. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "smokey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > after reading the various posts made lately here by ed gin, i thought i would do a search on all
    > > the google groups to check out his accomplishments. there were posts dated 2001 talking about
    > > how he had started riding again to help his type II diabetes. others mentioned his 10,000 annual
    > > miles each year, ... i came to one conclusion; ed gin is full of shit. flame away, ed!
    >
    > I don't really know Ed as more than an acquaintance, but he certainly doesn't deserve this.
    >
    > Ed Gin is a frequent sight on local roads -- and by local, I mean within a 50 mile radius.
    > Although so far as I know he has never ridden with my local bike club, but when we've seen him
    > while out on our group rides, most everybody seems to recognize him. He has strong legs and is a
    > fast rider with considerable endurance, based on the couple of times I've ridden with his
    > recumbent rider group. He certainly does a lot of miles; if he says it's 10,000 I'm not going to
    > doubt it. One winter he even arranged with a local parking garage to let them do laps indoors
    > (expensive recumbents not being well attuned to road salt and slush).
    >
    > Furthermore, on those occasions when I've met him, he has seemed like a friendly guy who tries to
    > make sure other people have a good ride.

    what about the "hundreds of thousands" of miles he's ridden, along with all the insults he has
    decided to toss at other riders in here? if you check every one of my other posts, you will see i
    have NOTHING against recumbents or the people i MEET riding them. on the other hand, when people
    come in here and insinuate that all riders of DF bikes will become impotent, are all slow, their
    bikes are junk, etc., then what do you expect me to think? nothing ed has posted has helped
    promote understanding between recumbent riders and DF riders, which is what he should do if he
    would like the number of recumbent riders to grow. ed keeps asking people to try a recumbent, and
    then he shoots a bunch of snide remarks their way. making statements about DF bikes causing more
    head injuries in accidents is pure fantasy on his part and seems to be an attempt to discourage
    new riders from trying both types of bikes and making up their minds (or owning one of each). if
    ed wants to avoid being flamed, he should quit flaming us!

    smokey "i'm tired of my bullshit detector going off every time i read a post from ed gin or racer
    boy" strodtman

  4. Blech

    Blech Guest

    "Mike Kruger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > "smokey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > after reading the various posts made lately here by ed gin, i thought i would do a search on all
    > > the google groups to check out his accomplishments. there were posts dated 2001 talking about
    > > how he had started riding again to help his type II diabetes. others mentioned his 10,000 annual
    > > miles each year, ... i came to one conclusion; ed gin is full of shit. flame away, ed!
    >
    > I don't really know Ed as more than an acquaintance, but he certainly doesn't deserve this.

    Google "smokey" and you'll see he's into smoking pipes through is rectum. He's good at blowing
    smoke out his ass!

    > Ed Gin is a frequent sight on local roads -- and by local, I mean within a 50 mile radius.
    > Although so far as I know he has never ridden with my local bike club, but when we've seen him
    > while out on our group rides, most everybody seems to recognize him. He has strong legs and is a
    > fast rider with considerable endurance, based on the couple of times I've ridden with his
    > recumbent rider group. He certainly does a lot of miles; if he says it's 10,000 I'm not going to
    > doubt it. One winter he even arranged with a local parking garage to let them do laps indoors
    > (expensive recumbents not being well attuned to road salt and slush).
    >
    > Furthermore, on those occasions when I've met him, he has seemed like a friendly guy who tries to
    > make sure other people have a good ride.

  5. Smokey

    Smokey Guest

    news:<[email protected]>...

    From: blech ([email protected]) Subject: Re: Troll filtering: advice needed, please

    View this article only Newsgroups: rec.bicycles.misc Date: 2002-12-05 03:25:23 PST

    David Schwartz <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > Guy Chapman <[email protected]> follows robby ain't gotta clue hunt like the fool
    > he is...
    >
    > >[1] I use the name "Billy" because he's too much of a coward to use a real name so that's the
    > > best guess we have as to who this useless waste of space, air and bandwidth really is.
    >
    > There, I've given you a name, but you will continue to blindly follow robby. Stupid is as stupid
    > does and that's YOU!
    >
    > Have a nice day chappy

    Still doesn't detract from the fact you enjoy a dick in your ass.

    > who's got the rectal fixation?
    >

    > > Ed Gin is a frequent sight on local roads -- and by local, I mean within a 50 mile radius.
    > > Although so far as I know he has never ridden with my local bike club, but when we've seen him
    > > while out on our group rides, most everybody seems to recognize him. He has strong legs and is a
    > > fast rider with considerable endurance, based on the couple of times I've ridden with his
    > > recumbent rider group. He certainly does a lot of miles; if he says it's 10,000 I'm not going to
    > > doubt it. One winter he even arranged with a local parking garage to let them do laps indoors
    > > (expensive recumbents not being well attuned to road salt and slush).
    > >
    > > Furthermore, on those occasions when I've met him, he has seemed like a friendly guy who tries
    > > to make sure other people have a good ride.

  6. Blech

    Blech Guest

    [email protected] (smokey) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...

    I guess we all know what you use the "bestoil" for.

    From: smokey ([email protected]) Subject: Re: survey - How many bowls a day do you smoke? View:
    Complete Thread (46 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: alt.smokers.pipes Date: 2001-12-07
    18:16:08 PST

    "craig" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > For me usually 1 a day....maybe.
    >
    > Craig

    i usually smoke 5-6 bowls a day, sometime more. usually in large-bowled pipes, although i do have a
    few mediums, too. i sometimes blow smoke out of my ass, too.