Researching a Vitus Frame

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by manoftrent, Mar 12, 2004.

1. manoftrent

manoftrent New Member

I have decided to build an old Vitus cyclo-cross frame into a bike for wet weather training and Audax events. It seems ideal for this - having mudguard fixing points - and the frame is in very good condition.
    I bought it second-hand in the mid-90s and used it for a couple of seasons in the Notts and Derbys Cyclo-Cross League in the UK, which was great fun but the most intensely demanding racing I ever did.
    All the transfers have been removed, but I think it's a 979. It has BREVETE VITUS-CLB and the serial number C020113 stamped under the bottom bracket.
    Can anyone tell me how I can research the year of manufacture, and has anyone else used this type of frame for long-distance road events like Audax?

Tags:
    dihummer likes this.

2. Sprinter_989

Sprinter_989 New Member

I would try emailing the company, they would probaly be able to tell you everything. Their site is http://www.vitus.fr/
    Look round there for an email...... Hope your french is good lol

3. manoftrent

manoftrent New Member

Thanks. I went to the Vitus website. Like you say...all in French, but I couldn't find anything like 'contact us'. Does anyone have an email address for Vitus?