resetting cyclocomputer after battery change

pmdmd

May 10, 2010
Just had to change my battery in a Cateye Astrale 8, and the mph function is off, as is the odometer. How do you reset the computer to your size bike after a battery change? (didn't do it in the first place--guy at store did :() It is a Fuji Roubaix, 700x23 tires. Thanks for any info or where to look for info.

i have the Cat Eye Enduro, i can roughly tell you

its: 210 for a road bike
and 205 for a mountain bike

the battery change itself should reset everything,
try taking it out and putting it back in again, then go into odometer,
you can change them into the odometer function, keeping buttons pressed.

I just looked through the instructions for one of my Cateye Cordless 7 computers, and like Vspa I think removing the battery and re-intalling it is supposed to reset everything.

Mine also has a reset button on the back that you have to use something like the end of a paperclip to push. It's just a small hole that you insert the end of the paperclip, or the tip of a pen, into for a couple of seconds to reset everything. So you might check to see if your Cateye has that recessed reset button on the back.

sorry... i think if you reset properly, computer will ask you the wheel diameter choice straight away
The other method works when computer is already working

Read the instructions.

And if you don't have the instructions anymore, go find them on the manufacturer's website.

Yojimbo_ said:
Read the instructions.

And if you don't have the instructions anymore, go find them on the manufacturer's website.

thank you all for your replies, I am trying them one by one, with the cyclocomputer off the bike, it hasn't flashed a 210 or other obvious choices to me yet, but I will take it on the road and see if the response makes any sense as I ride, and yes, I think looking for the Cateye website was just about coming in to view.