Resistance is Useless! (Dalek voice)

sjromaine

Nov 25, 2003
I've got a TACX trainer with a magnet thingy. It's got 7 resistance levels and I play aorund on it for around 3-4 hours a week, when it's too dark/miserable to ride outside. I live in England and so this is a regular occurence. Does anyone know what these resistance levels equate to in terms of incline or road condition? There you go - simple question from a simple bloke. Simple answers only please.:)

Originally posted by sjromaine
I've got a TACX trainer with a magnet thingy. It's got 7 resistance levels and I play aorund on it for around 3-4 hours a week, when it's too dark/miserable to ride outside. I live in England and so this is a regular occurence. Does anyone know what these resistance levels equate to in terms of incline or road condition? There you go - simple question from a simple bloke. Simple answers only please.:)
Nope, not sure there is an answer. Sorry!!!!

Resistance will however change with tyre presure and gears chosen as well as level.

Try puting it in level 7, letting all the air out of your tyres and chosing your biggest gear. That will be something like riding through the alps, into a headwind and giving lance armstrong a backie all at the same time!!!!! :)