Resolutions.

G

Share your weaknesses. What do you need to do more of or less of, to improve your cycling?! We'll check up and give you a reminder! ;D
Here's my list:
HYDRATION. At home and off the bike I hardly ever drink unless I remind myself. I can go a whole day on a single cup of coffee. Almost as though I'm allergic to fluids! Must drink 8 glasses water a day!
SLEEP. I need more sleep! I get by on 5-6 hours. (This Forum is partly to blame! :p)
UPPER BODY. I need to do some upper body light weight repetitions. All cyclists need this but I never have or find time! :-[
STRETCHING. Daily and particularly before and after events. Again, no time! :'(
DIET. I'm not too bad on this as I'm diabetic, but too often I go off, thinking I can get away with it because of all the exercise. :-[

Remind myself that I'm not a professional cyclist and that I'm allowed to fail every once in a while.

That bicycle shop cawling is not my favorite pastime and that I do not have to upgrade my bike every six months

I would love to have a positive mindset when things getting tough. So many times in a race, when I feel the heat, I start thinking that I did not train enough. My new way of thinking should be that the guy alongside suffer as well. So turn up the heat, because.......I CAN..... Positive Thinking...Positive Thinking...Positive Thinking... Positive Thinking..............

It's over a week since I started this topic. And I STILL don't drink enough, don't sleep enough, don't do the weights, don't stretch and the nutrition is not all it should be! :'( (And a week to the Argus! :eek:) And no excuses whatsoever! What am I? A useless wimp with no self discipline, that's who! ::)

It's over a week since I started this topic. And I STILL don't drink enough, don't sleep enough, don't do the weights, don't stretch and the nutrition is not all it should be! :'( (And a week to the Argus! :eek:) And no excuses whatsoever! What am I? A useless wimp with no self discipline, that's who! ::)

C'mon, Old Timer. You can't expect to change your life style within a week. And calling yourself useless ain't gonna help either.
Personnaly I think that we should all be focusing on positive thoughts this last week, like pothole said.
Get the mind relaxed and calm > go watch a few movies or videos > start reading a nice book etc.
I know, it sounds corny, but it's better than instilling negative thoughts into your mind a week before the Argus.

Take it easy! ;)

Thanks VO2. I'll go and drink to that right now, and then maybe take a nap! ;D No, I'm feeling pretty relaxed about the Argus. I've done all the necessary training , although another couple of weeks would have been good. Anyhow I should peak out in time for the Tour d'Durban?! ;D I'm travelling down by road to the Argus with a group, taking two days, arriving late morning Saturday.

Talking about resolutions. Ones that last with most are hard to come by. The thread says share your weaknesses. This would be something that Trump would want to share.

Talking about resolutions. Ones that last with most are hard to come by. The thread says share your weaknesses. This would be something that Trump would want to share.

What is this? Some sort of lame attempt at trolling? Could you maybe post a coherent response?

Listen to my body more and less to my coach in order to avoid overreaching/overtraining.

My TSS is already over a 1000 this week and I have a 9 hour ride scheduled for Saturday. OOPS.

The problem is that I seldom stick to my resolutions. Sometimes, I'll make a new resolution during the course of the year that may work out better for me. I should be getting more sleep but I'm a bit of an insomniac. If I've got a tight work schedule and need to meet deadlines, that only worsens the problem.

I also need to work on more sleep and more water. Those are two things I have always struggled with. I sleep only a few hours every night, and I only remember water when I'm actually in the kitchen.

I carry water with me on every ride. Now I just have to remember to drink it before it becomes a problem. My resolution this year is likely to ride more. having two fresh builds will likely go a long way toward encouraging that. I've all but given up on the hydrocarbon spitters I have, and I'm declaring my bikes to be my primary transportation.

My resolution is to improve overall as a rider, mostly by training more. Last year was my first and i did make strides, but I want to test myself more this year. Here are some ways I plan on improving:

Hill Climbing: This is one area that I see I have a talent for when speed is concerned. Although I am fast on shorter hills (say 1-3 miles), I am looking towards cycling longer hills. It doesn't matter what natural ability you have if you don't train harder and longer.Also looking forward to new wheels in the spring, it will be my first upgrade aside from clipless pedals.

Sprinting:I have pretty decent speed when I get out of the saddle and give it my all, but I'm an average sprinter at this point. I've always been more of an endurance lightweight. All that means is I have to work on sprinting drills and cycle on long flats more often. When I ride with more seasoned riders, I can hold my own on hills, but have trouble keeping up on long flats. I hope to change that this year.

Technique: My technique (especially cornering and descending) has been my most glaring weakness. In the last few months, Ive been using the drop handlebars a lot more. It has helped improve my handling improve immensely. I still need to improve some.

Pretty much Ride a Ton.....