Resort Information Requested please.

Ben

Guest
Grand Wailea in Maui; the Phoenician in Phoenix; or Chateau Whistler in
Whistler, BC (Canada)???

I have narrowed search for top salesman award to these 3 top end
hotels; looking for first hand info from people who have stayed at any
of the 3 listed, in last couple of years. Cost is not a major factor,
time of year is April.
Looking for info on room quality, opinion on hotel, locale, nearby
attractions, recreation, sightseeing etc.
Special attention to family attractions, events, amusements...
Would you recommend it to a friend? Would you stay there again? Would
appreciate knowing anything special to help with my decision. Any
cautions?
Thanks a lot!

Please feel free to e-mail me.

Ben wrote:
> Grand Wailea in Maui; the Phoenician in Phoenix; or Chateau Whistler in
> Whistler, BC (Canada)???
>
> I have narrowed search for top salesman award to these 3 top end
> hotels; looking for first hand info from people who have stayed at any
> of the 3 listed, in last couple of years. Cost is not a major factor,
> time of year is April.
> Looking for info on room quality, opinion on hotel, locale, nearby
> attractions, recreation, sightseeing etc.
> Special attention to family attractions, events, amusements...
> Would you recommend it to a friend? Would you stay there again? Would
> appreciate knowing anything special to help with my decision. Any
> cautions?
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Please feel free to e-mail me.

You serious? Maui wins hands down.

Phoenix might be ok for a sales conference, I've been to many there, but
as an award - it bites, even at the Phoenician, particularly if there's
kids. Golf and shopping, that's all the valley has to offer. Lame
river rafting, desert on horseback - lame. Jeep trail ride - lame.
Hike up Camelback - ok, but not for young kids. Drive up to Sedona
(shop), see Taliesin West - kids would be bored to death. Grand Canyon
is a haul but worth the effort - kids would dig that. The hotel is
nice, but kids would suffer. Some good restaurants in the area.

Can't speak about BC, but in April, seems like it could be chilly.

Hawaii so totally blows AZ away, a whole different league. Ask the wife,
bet she says Maui. Mine did!

hth,
SS

Great, thanks for the information!
Any specific areas or things that just MUST be done in Hawaii?

Like "you cannot go to Maui without_____"?

Thanks!