Respect

Bill C

Guest
What's this say about him?
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/may06/may01news2

Former T-Mobile rider Rolf Aldag has officially ended his career as a
pro cyclist in his home town of Ahlen, Germany, on Saturday, April 29.
After a 63km-long circuit race, which of course Aldag won, the man who
participated ten times in the Tour de France for his T-Mobile team said
goodbye to racing.
Many of his long-time colleagues came to escort the 37 year-old to the
finish line: Jens Voigt (CSC), Fabian Wegmann (Gerolsteiner), Marcus
Burghardt and Sergej Ivanov (T-Mobile), three Milram riders and last
but not least Aldag's friend Erik Zabel, who led out the sprint for his
long-time companion. "He deserved it," said Zabel, adding with a grin
that he wouldn't have dreamed to lead out a sprint again for a T-Mobile
rider.

Damn that's some serious escort, and train. Nice to see a workhorse
get his due respect.
Bravo and well done to everyone involved.
Bill C

Bill C wrote:
> What's this say about him?
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2006/may06/may01news2
>
> Former T-Mobile rider Rolf Aldag has officially ended his career as a
> pro cyclist in his home town of Ahlen, Germany, on Saturday, April 29.
> After a 63km-long circuit race, which of course Aldag won, the man who
> participated ten times in the Tour de France for his T-Mobile team said
> goodbye to racing.
> Many of his long-time colleagues came to escort the 37 year-old to the
> finish line: Jens Voigt (CSC), Fabian Wegmann (Gerolsteiner), Marcus
> Burghardt and Sergej Ivanov (T-Mobile), three Milram riders and last
> but not least Aldag's friend Erik Zabel, who led out the sprint for his
> long-time companion. "He deserved it," said Zabel, adding with a grin
> that he wouldn't have dreamed to lead out a sprint again for a T-Mobile
> rider.
>
> Damn that's some serious escort, and train. Nice to see a workhorse
> get his due respect.
> Bravo and well done to everyone involved.
> Bill C

It says everything about him.

Fred

I agree with your sentiments 100%. Thanks for reporting this. For those
who haven't seen the DVD "Hell on Wheels," I highly recommend it. It
chronicles Telekom at the 2003 Tour and focuses on Aldag and Zabel and
their relationship. Gives one a great appreciation of the dedication,
suffering, and camaraderie involved in being a domestique and an aging
star.

Lou D'Amelio

Lou D'Amelio wrote:
> I agree with your sentiments 100%. Thanks for reporting this. For those
> who haven't seen the DVD "Hell on Wheels," I highly recommend it. It
> chronicles Telekom at the 2003 Tour and focuses on Aldag and Zabel and
> their relationship. Gives one a great appreciation of the dedication,
> suffering, and camaraderie involved in being a domestique and an aging
> star.

Gives one a great appreciation for how much chamois cream a team must go
through in a season.

On 1 May 2006 20:05:29 -0700, "Lou D'Amelio" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I agree with your sentiments 100%. Thanks for reporting this. For those
>who haven't seen the DVD "Hell on Wheels," I highly recommend it. It
>chronicles Telekom at the 2003 Tour and focuses on Aldag and Zabel and
>their relationship. Gives one a great appreciation of the dedication,
>suffering, and camaraderie involved in being a domestique and an aging
>star.

"Erik Zabel is right there! Zabel! Zabel! Zabel! Zabel! Zabel!
Pettachi."

Great DVD.

JT

Remove "remove" to reply