Response from Audax re Alpine Classic

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Walrus, Dec 14, 2006.

  1. Walrus

    Walrus New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2004
    I thought I'd send a note to Audax and ask them what their gameplan is for the AAC in January, considering the fires are threatening much of the area. They basically said that they would have updates on the site in January, and that given it was 6 weeks away, speculating on the weather was a waste of time (I'm obviously paraphrasing here).

    So for those who are riding, check their site in Jan to learn more. http://www.audax.org.au/alpine-news.asp

    ps. I'd like to point out that I place the safety of people, townships & preservation of the land above the running of a cycling event...I'm just trying to be helpful for those planning their trips to Bright. :)

    Tags:

  2. Hitchy

    Hitchy New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 26, 2004
    Messages:
    1,876
    I think you'll find Audax do too....last time it was called off because of bushfires, 2002 from memory, they announced the cancellation a week prior....we all got a letter saying that if we didn't specifically request a refund, they were gunna donate our entry fees to the Bright CFA & local St. Johns....sounded reasonable to me.

  3. AndrewJ

    AndrewJ Guest

    Yes. When I sat down on a seat at Mr Buffalo, it had a plaque "donated
    by Audax Australia". Nice one.