Response from Audax re Alpine Classic

Walrus

Apr 4, 2004
I thought I'd send a note to Audax and ask them what their gameplan is for the AAC in January, considering the fires are threatening much of the area. They basically said that they would have updates on the site in January, and that given it was 6 weeks away, speculating on the weather was a waste of time (I'm obviously paraphrasing here).

So for those who are riding, check their site in Jan to learn more. http://www.audax.org.au/alpine-news.asp

ps. I'd like to point out that I place the safety of people, townships & preservation of the land above the running of a cycling event...I'm just trying to be helpful for those planning their trips to Bright. :)

Walrus said:
url]

ps. I'd like to point out that I place the safety of people, townships & preservation of the land above the running of a cycling event...I'm just trying to be helpful for those planning their trips to Bright. :)

I think you'll find Audax do too....last time it was called off because of bushfires, 2002 from memory, they announced the cancellation a week prior....we all got a letter saying that if we didn't specifically request a refund, they were gunna donate our entry fees to the Bright CFA & local St. Johns....sounded reasonable to me.

Yes. When I sat down on a seat at Mr Buffalo, it had a plaque "donated
by Audax Australia". Nice one.

Hitchy wrote:
> Walrus Wrote:
> > url]
> >
> > ps. I'd like to point out that I place the safety of people, townships
> > & preservation of the land above the running of a cycling event...I'm
> > just trying to be helpful for those planning their trips to Bright. :)

>
> I think you'll find Audax do too....last time it was called off because
> of bushfires, 2002 from memory, they announced the cancellation a week
> prior....we all got a letter saying that if we didn't specifically
> request a refund, they were gunna donate our entry fees to the Bright
> CFA & local St. Johns....sounded reasonable to me.
>
>
> --
> Hitchy