Results from Red Rice Yeast and Polycosonal

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Janet, Feb 10, 2004.

  1. Janet

    Janet Guest

    i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking 1
    - 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a second
    test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from 84 to 72.
    also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio tested and
    all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90 and came down
    to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was it. needless to
    say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you think? janet

    Tags:

  2. janet wrote:

    > i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking
    > 1 - 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a
    > second test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from 84
    > to 72. also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio
    > tested and all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90
    > and came down to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was
    > it. needless to say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you
    > think? janet

    Possibly. The change in diet will have had some effect too.

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

    What is all this about?

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

  3. What is polycosonal ?

    --RSK

    On 10 Feb 2004 14:22:21 -0800, [email protected] (janet) wrote:

    >i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking 1
    >- 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a second
    >test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from 84 to 72.
    >also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio tested and
    >all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90 and came
    >down to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was it. needless
    >to say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you think? janet

  4. Janet

    Janet Guest

    sorry, i spelled it wrong. it's spelled policosanol. you can do a google search and find out about
    it. it is some kind of natural waxy substance that is supposed to reduce cholesterol.

    news:[email protected]...