Results from Red Rice Yeast and Polycosonal

J

Janet

i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking 1
- 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a second
test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from 84 to 72.
also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio tested and
all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90 and came down
to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was it. needless to
say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you think? janet

janet wrote:

> i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking
> 1 - 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a
> second test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from 84
> to 72. also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio
> tested and all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90
> and came down to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was
> it. needless to say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you
> think? janet

Possibly. The change in diet will have had some effect too.

Servant to the humblest person in the universe,

Andrew

--
Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
Board-Certified Cardiologist
http://www.heartmdphd.com/

--
Who is the humblest person in the universe?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W1F522557

What is all this about?

http://makeashorterlink.com/?W3C323D57

What is polycosonal ?

--RSK

On 10 Feb 2004 14:22:21 -0800, [email protected] (janet) wrote:

>i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking 1
>- 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a second
>test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from 84 to 72.
>also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio tested and
>all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90 and came
>down to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was it. needless
>to say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you think? janet

sorry, i spelled it wrong. it's spelled policosanol. you can do a google search and find out about
it. it is some kind of natural waxy substance that is supposed to reduce cholesterol.

"Robert Kershaw" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> What is polycosonal ?
>
> --RSK
>
> On 10 Feb 2004 14:22:21 -0800, [email protected] (janet) wrote:
>
> >i wrote here about 3 months ago concerning my cholesterol of 261 and ldl of 154. I started taking
> >1 - 600 mg of red rice yeast and one polycosonal capsule a day for the past 10 weeks. i had a
> >second test and my results are cholesterol 192, ldl 92 and even my trigylcerides came down from
> >84 to 72. also, at the suggestion of some folks here had my apolipoprotein a-1, b and b/a-1 ratio
> >tested and all were within normal limits as was my c-reaactive protein which was .8 my hdl was 90
> >and came down to 86. i altered my diet slightly, cutting back on red meat and eggs but that was
> >it. needless to say i am pleased. it's got to be the red rice yeast and polycosonal don't you
> >think? janet