Retail therapy

Johnny O-R

New Member
Nov 15, 2004
I mostly buy bits and pieces from my LBS; more recently from online Aus. stores, but has anyone here bought online from the US? Any recommendations?

Johnny O-R said:
I mostly buy bits and pieces from my LBS; more recently from online Aus. stores, but has anyone here bought online from the US? Any recommendations?

I've bought quite a few things from the US. Dealing directly with manufacturers has been much easier than the online stores. The savings and variety of stuff available from the stores usually makes it worth the pain though.

Most of the trouble has been with delivery addresses, getting them to believe I was me and having them reply to emails. They seem very paranoid about overseas orders.

You also either need to be patient or happy to spend a fortune on postage. Getting a few people together and putting in a combined order will often reduce the per person postage costs.

I've ordered from performancebike.com and jensonusa.com. supergo.com and nashbar.com also seem popular but I've never ordered from them.

"xisle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Johnny O-R Wrote:
> > I mostly buy bits and pieces from my LBS; more recently from online Aus.
> > stores, but has anyone here bought online from the US? Any
> > recommendations?

> I've bought quite a few things from the US. Dealing directly with
> manufacturers has been much easier than the online stores. The savings
> and variety of stuff available from the stores usually makes it worth
> the pain though.
>
> Most of the trouble has been with delivery addresses, getting them to
> believe I was me and having them reply to emails. They seem very
> paranoid about overseas orders.
>
> You also either need to be patient or happy to spend a fortune on
> postage. Getting a few people together and putting in a combined order
> will often reduce the per person postage costs.
>
> I've ordered from performancebike.com and jensonusa.com. supergo.com
> and nashbar.com also seem popular but I've never ordered from them.
>

> --
> xisle

Excel Sports is pretty good too. They usually throw their latest catalogue
in with the order to give me something to drool over.

Marty

"Marty Wallace" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Excel Sports is pretty good too. They usually throw their latest catalogue
> in with the order to give me something to drool over.

For a good range of idiosyncratic touring gear have a look also at
Wallington Bike Parts www.wallbike.com . They were very helpful in getting a
Tubus Cargo rack to meequite rapidly.

Cheers
Peter

Johnny O-R wrote:

> I mostly buy bits and pieces from my LBS; more recently from online
> Aus. stores, but has anyone here bought online from the US? Any
> recommendations?

aebike worked well for me - good service, no hassles.