Retaining Clip, Campag Ultra Torque...necessary?

cabbagetom

Dec 7, 2009
Hello All,

Thank you very much indeed for all you guys' previous help regarding a whole range of topics...well I have one more thing that maybe you guys can help me with...

Basically, I have recently bought an Ultra Torque Crankset, but either it didn't come with the retaining clip or more likely I dropped it somewhere......well is this necessary and what exactly does it do...

I can't seem to find anywhere here in the UK that sells it on its own..and I really don't want to have to buy new bottom bracket cups...

Cheers,
Tom

cabbagetom said:
Hello All,

Thank you very much indeed for all you guys' previous help regarding a whole range of topics...well I have one more thing that maybe you guys can help me with...

Basically, I have recently bought an Ultra Torque Crankset, but either it didn't come with the retaining clip or more likely I dropped it somewhere......well is this necessary and what exactly does it do...

I can't seem to find anywhere here in the UK that sells it on its own..and I really don't want to have to buy new bottom bracket cups...

Cheers,
Tom

Yes, in combination with the wavy washer, keeps the crank from moving left right. Essential.

I have one I can send you if there are none around. Contact Campagnolo UK...44-01332-371176