Retrospective

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by nancy1, Aug 1, 2005.

  1. nancy1

    nancy1 Guest

    Reminder: The Armstrong special is on tomorrow night (twice) on OLN,
    and repeated twice on August 6.

    N.

    Tags:

  2. On 1 Aug 2005 13:08:59 -0700, nancy1 wrote:
    > Reminder: The Armstrong special is on tomorrow night (twice) on OLN,
    > and repeated twice on August 6.

    Please esplain that thing you say, I not know what is OLN.

    --
    Firefox Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

  3. Nev Shea

    Nev Shea Guest

    "nancy1" <[email protected]> wrote in
    news:[email protected]:

    > Reminder: The Armstrong special is on tomorrow night (twice) on OLN,
    > and repeated twice on August 6.

    Save that shit for next July -- I WANT BULL RIDING!! Also, since they
    didn't show any of my favorite programs in July, I want double doses of
    Fisting with Bill Dance.

    NS

  4. Stu Fleming

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Nev Shea wrote:
    > Save that shit for next July -- I WANT BULL RIDING!! Also, since they
    > didn't show any of my favorite programs in July, I want double doses of
    > Fisting with Bill Dance.

    This just _barely_ qualifies as a typo under RBR adjacency rules, but
    the OLN producers may wish to hear more about your ideas for late-night
    programming.

  5. Tom Kunich

    Tom Kunich Guest

    "Stu Fleming" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:42ee97e[email protected]
    > Nev Shea wrote:
    >> Save that shit for next July -- I WANT BULL RIDING!! Also, since they
    >> didn't show any of my favorite programs in July, I want double doses of
    >> Fisting with Bill Dance.

    > This just _barely_ qualifies as a typo under RBR adjacency rules, but the
    > OLN producers may wish to hear more about your ideas for late-night
    > programming.

    You Scots would know more about that than us mere Americans.

  6. In article <[email protected]>,
    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On 1 Aug 2005 13:08:59 -0700, nancy1 wrote:
    > > Reminder: The Armstrong special is on tomorrow night (twice) on OLN,
    > > and repeated twice on August 6.

    > Please esplain that thing you say, I not know what is OLN.

    It's like Discovery Channel, but once a year it shows bike racing.

  7. Mad Dog

    Mad Dog Guest

    nancy1 says...

    >Reminder: The Armstrong special is on tomorrow night (twice) on OLN,
    >and repeated twice on August 6.

    I thought it was a decent show, if not predictable for the most part. Lance had
    to take a shot at Tyler over Jan supposedly attacking when Lance fell and I
    guess I didn't appreciate that too much. And near the end, when Lance said his
    pro experience taught him how to tell good people from bad, I had to sit back
    and sigh. Such a paradox.

    If anything, the program should have been longer, like 90 minutes or even 120
    instead of 60. Many questions were skirted rather than dug into. Had the
    interviewers (or just one of the two) been less Lance fans and thus more willing
    to be closer to critical, it could have gotten interesting. Like do the Phil
    love-in stuff first, then bring on the harder questions.