Return story and test post

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Kristen, Jan 13, 2005.

  1. Kristen

    Kristen Guest

    Hello to all...I started low carb in 98 and lost 60lbs which stayed off
    for quite a while (as long as I followed LC). But last summer I got a
    bug up my rear to do a low fat diet (feeling bored on LC). Well, I'm
    sure I don't need to tell you, I gained (of course) about 30lbs. So
    here I am back to the support group, as I did find it to be one of my
    beacons of support when I first started 6 years ago. I am happy to see
    many of the 'old' posters still here. I have noticed since regaining
    the weight, I feel horrible, neck pain, snoring, can't breath when I
    tie my shoes, etc. I joined a gym about 2 months ago, but have been
    sporadic in my attendance (holidays and all). I'm 39 and want to be
    healthy again by my 40th (in Oct). I am in a friend's wedding in May
    and I don't want to stand out in the pictures as the biggest one in the
    party. So, this is my recommitment to LC and exercise and getting
    healthy. I'm glad that you are still here and thanks for listening.
    Kristen
    239/239/200 by May/175

    Tags:

  2. revek

    revek Guest

    Kristen wrote:
    > Hello to all...I started low carb in 98 and lost 60lbs which stayed
    > off for quite a while (as long as I followed LC). But last summer I
    > got a bug up my rear to do a low fat diet (feeling bored on LC).
    > Well, I'm sure I don't need to tell you, I gained (of course) about
    > 30lbs. So here I am back to the support group, as I did find it to
    > be one of my beacons of support when I first started 6 years ago. I
    > am happy to see many of the 'old' posters still here. I have noticed
    > since regaining the weight, I feel horrible, neck pain, snoring,
    > can't breath when I tie my shoes, etc. I joined a gym about 2 months
    > ago, but have been sporadic in my attendance (holidays and all). I'm
    > 39 and want to be healthy again by my 40th (in Oct). I am in a
    > friend's wedding in May and I don't want to stand out in the pictures
    > as the biggest one in the party. So, this is my recommitment to LC
    > and exercise and getting healthy. I'm glad that you are still here
    > and thanks for listening. Kristen
    > 239/239/200 by May/175

    Welcome back!

    --
    revek
    Your eyes are weary from staring at the CRT. You feel sleepy. Notice
    how restful it is to watch the cursor blink. Close your eyes. The
    opinions stated above are yours. You cannot imagine why you ever felt
    otherwise.

  3. PJx

    PJx Guest

    On 13 Jan 2005 08:45:34 -0800, "Kristen" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello to all...I started low carb in 98 and lost 60lbs which stayed off
    >for quite a while (as long as I followed LC). But last summer I got a
    >bug up my rear to do a low fat diet (feeling bored on LC). Well, I'm
    >sure I don't need to tell you, I gained (of course) about 30lbs. So
    >here I am back to the support group, as I did find it to be one of my
    >beacons of support when I first started 6 years ago. I am happy to see
    >many of the 'old' posters still here. I have noticed since regaining
    >the weight, I feel horrible, neck pain, snoring, can't breath when I
    >tie my shoes, etc. I joined a gym about 2 months ago, but have been
    >sporadic in my attendance (holidays and all). I'm 39 and want to be
    >healthy again by my 40th (in Oct). I am in a friend's wedding in May
    >and I don't want to stand out in the pictures as the biggest one in the
    >party. So, this is my recommitment to LC and exercise and getting
    >healthy. I'm glad that you are still here and thanks for listening.
    >Kristen
    >239/239/200 by May/175

    It is going to be extremely tough this time around. I expect you to
    be seeking help on why you are doing all the right things, yet gaining
    instead of losing.

    Not that it can't be done. I suspect It is just that so many 2nd
    time arounders know so many ways to cheat. Or maybe it is the
    frustation with the numbers. Or it could even be that your body is
    going to resist weight loss more than it did.

    But that should only strengthen your resolve to exercise more and eat
    less.

    Good luck.