Reusing a campy chain

Quick Shifter

Jul 6, 2016
I have a nearly new Campy 10 speed chain on one of my bikes and I am planning to switch the the groupset onto another frame. Is it ok to push out the joining pin and fit a new one to rejoin the chain?

Thank you.

Has anyone used the KMC link to join Campy chains? Does it work? What about the KMC chains, are they as good as Campy or Shimano? Do they work with 10 speed Ultra-Drive?

Absolutely, you can reuse the Campy 10-speed chain by pushing out the joining pin and refitting a new one. However, I'd recommend using a chain tool to carefully push out the pin, ensuring not to damage the chain plates. Also, when rejoining, remember to use a connecting pin, not a joining pin, to maintain the chain's integrity. Campagnolo chains have a directional property, so ensure the new joining pin faces the same direction as the original one. This should allow you to reuse the chain without any issues. Happy riding! :)

Something tells me this is sorted by now. Good info though, I was wondering the same thing. I've got some old bikes that run what are pretty agricultural campy groupsets. I dunno man, Di2 is a bizillion times more refined and better to use.