Reusing silver-brazed Nervex Lugs?

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "jim beam" wrote:
> > i also suggest you look up some basic properties of brazing alloys.
> > where you see a liquidus temp higher than a solidus temp, that means
> > it's /NOT/ an eutectic!...

> Ah yes, the truism!
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Swapping spit with a rattlesnake, sword fighting with Zorro and mud
wrestling with a pig..... ;-)

Chas.

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Andrew Muzi mused:
> > Paramounts are not pinned and being silver are easier than most to

redo.
> > But given the extensive work here, it's marginal and if there's chrome
> > it just doesn't make much sense.
> >
> > That never stops a determined guy, though:
> > http://www.yellowjersey.org/r43.html

> Too bad about the camera. They need to make a camera that takes out the
> eye of thief that steals it.
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

We had a big box full plastic banks that looked like Kodak Instamatic
cameras. We used to leave them set on the counter to see how long it would
take one of them to disappear. ;-)

Cameras, guns and bikes get stolen faster than cash....

Chas.

* * Chas wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Andrew Muzi mused:
>>> Paramounts are not pinned and being silver are easier than most to

> redo.
>>> But given the extensive work here, it's marginal and if there's chrome
>>> it just doesn't make much sense.
>>>
>>> That never stops a determined guy, though:
>>> http://www.yellowjersey.org/r43.html

>> Too bad about the camera. They need to make a camera that takes out the
>> eye of thief that steals it.
>>

> We had a big box full plastic banks that looked like Kodak Instamatic
> cameras. We used to leave them set on the counter to see how long it would
> take one of them to disappear. ;-)
>
> Cameras, guns and bikes get stolen faster than cash....

Well, none of the unlocked bikes in my apartment building common garage
have been stolen. Of course, they are all cheap Sprawl-Mart **** [1].

Mean while, my car has been damaged by neighbors/thieves, who stole my
fleece jacket and digital camera after forcing the trunk open.

[1] Including a pair of Roadmaster Mt. Fury bicycle-shaped objects -
must not be worth stealing?

Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

"Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> * * Chas wrote:
> > "Tom Sherman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> Andrew Muzi mused:

> > redo.

chrome

> >> Too bad about the camera. They need to make a camera that takes out

the
> >> eye of thief that steals it.
> >>

> > We had a big box full plastic banks that looked like Kodak Instamatic
> > cameras. We used to leave them set on the counter to see how long it

would
> > take one of them to disappear. ;-)
> >
> > Cameras, guns and bikes get stolen faster than cash....

> Well, none of the unlocked bikes in my apartment building common garage
> have been stolen. Of course, they are all cheap Sprawl-Mart **** [1].
>
> Mean while, my car has been damaged by neighbors/thieves, who stole my
> fleece jacket and digital camera after forcing the trunk open.
>
> [1] Including a pair of Roadmaster Mt. Fury bicycle-shaped objects -
> must not be worth stealing?
>
> --
> Tom Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia
> Beer - It's not just for breakfast anymore!

Maybe they were so bad the thieves brought them back.... ;-)

Chas.