Review: M5 Shockproof 559 Titanium

nopain

Jul 21, 2004
I just purchased (had imported from Netherlands to USA) the new M5 Ligfietsen Shockproof 559 Titanium bicycle. It seems the coolest recumbents are all coming out of Europe, specifically the Netherlands. I purchased this bike because it has dual 26" wheels and is fully suspended. I considered bikes from Volae and Bachetta but they offer no suspension. I chose titanium because of the lighter weight (suprisingly it's not as light as you would think). I have posted 18 high resolution photographs (800 x 600) and a complete review of my experience with the bike from purchase to assembly to my first rides. Because there is so little information on the M5's here in the USA; those of you considering a dual 26" recumbent may be interested in this information. The complete review can be found at:

http://www.recumbentbicyclesource.com/m5-shockproof.htm

feel free to send me questions, but please keep in mind that it could take me a while to get back to you as cycling is more of a hobby than anything, and the day job keeps me busy when I'm not riding.

thanks

Congrates on the purchase!!

But the Brakes Issue!!!!!

You could try using a DMR V-Daptor (a cable pull booster) to try to take up the slack on the mini-V's.

I had the same problem of stopping with my brakes on my Vision R45 but putting in the these V-Daptor boosters resovled alot of the issues that I had with braking.

I also upgraded the rear brakes to a Shimano Deore LX rear brake which has a greater leverage on the wheel rim.

I've attached two photos of the front and rear brakes on my recumbent, hope this is of help to you?!!!

Regards
jdkewfi

nopain said:
I just purchased (had imported from Netherlands to USA) the new M5 Ligfietsen Shockproof 559 Titanium bicycle. It seems the coolest recumbents are all coming out of Europe, specifically the Netherlands. I purchased this bike because it has dual 26" wheels and is fully suspended. I considered bikes from Volae and Bachetta but they offer no suspension. I chose titanium because of the lighter weight (suprisingly it's not as light as you would think). I have posted 18 high resolution photographs (800 x 600) and a complete review of my experience with the bike from purchase to assembly to my first rides. Because there is so little information on the M5's here in the USA; those of you considering a dual 26" recumbent may be interested in this information. The complete review can be found at:

http://www.recumbentbicyclesource.com/m5-shockproof.htm

feel free to send me questions, but please keep in mind that it could take me a while to get back to you as cycling is more of a hobby than anything, and the day job keeps me busy when I'm not riding.

thanks