Review: Specialized 'Element 2.0' Gloves

Quote by Swami:
"
The only downside was that I change into a bigger gear using my middle finger, so that was a little awkward at times having to use the 3rd finger instead."

I'll bet it's hard to shift with your middle finger shoved up your ass. That's why I pictured the "**** brown" color for you.

They also are available in black, O.D. and Real Tree.

Black works for me. You best 'stick' with **** brown.

Oh Putain! :D

il_fullxfull.476468327_hn3a.jpg

Now in AeroTM.

Available in ******-Gloss in expensive and extra expensive.

Average lifespan 2 weeks.

O.OOO72wattage gain over 2 light years of distance.

80735_1.jpg

I found a pair of SSG horse riding gloves on the road today...not the Winter lined models.

3000-black.jpg

Swami would never go for the Rosso Corsa. Couldn't shift his shitmaNO with three fingers up his ass.

Not quite...everyone.

I picked up a pair of these last Spring. Hex Armor Rig Lizards. Great for collecting my oil & gas royalty checks from the mailbox or flat-billing with the Miata drivers when they start bragging about Delrin bushings being all superior to Teflon bushings 'n ****.

122003-6111903.jpg

Great for around the farm, riding the ATV through the woods or styling a new trend on the mountainbike trails.

Why did you get gloves? I thought you are in California!

Sometimes, California in June looks like this in the mountains:

at%20the%20top,%20a%20mostly%20%23e46a.jpg

Gloves are a handy item to have.

During the winter it often gets down into the high 30F range and whilst it's not freezing the hands do get a little chilly.

Not quite...everyone.

I picked up a pair of these last Spring. Hex Armor Rig Lizards. Great for collecting my oil & gas royalty checks from the mailbox or flat-billing with the Miata drivers when they start bragging about Delrin bushings being all superior to Teflon bushings 'n ****.

122003-6111903.jpg

Great for around the farm, riding the ATV through the woods or styling a new trend on the mountainbike trails.

Don't use delrin in the lower control arms of a Miata, poly bushings (correctly sized) or spherical bearings. Bushings, unless the ones in the car are seriously shot, don't really make a massive difference unless you're running a set of shocks that cost more than a nicely equipped Colnago.

If I showed up at the refinery wearing those gloves, I'd be laughed out of town and probably asked if I bought them from Toys R Us.

If I showed up...

Dude, you drive a Miata. You have a mullet. You wear chaps. You ride a Look, for Pete's sake. You post gay pron. You've ridden a bicycle square into the side of an immovable object. A house, of all things.

And just to illustrate the point I made about dweebs and their moronic and endless debates about bushing material, you just had to dive in, mouth first, with your inane specifications...as if we cared.

And by the by, petro-chemical 'engineer', Delrin is a polymer. One with many qualities that make it a perfect bushing material. And yet you use "poly". As in polyethylene cheap ass ******** ****. Whadda dweeb.

And Delrin, being an acetal homopolymer, should be a material you are at least sexually attracted to.

Lastly, with your moronic shock absorber cost comment, you have proved beyond the shadow of a doubt that you have absolutely zero knowledge of why the rubber OEM control arm bushings of a vehicle are replaced with solid, harder polymers. Hint: It has NOTHING to do with shock absorbers, spring rates or cruising the Gay Pride parade at your 'refinery'.

Your comments put you squarely in the Alf, 'Mr. 1 MM Hirth Joint Air Gap' category of loons, aimlessly wandering the planet in search of validation and acceptance while repeatedly proving your worthlessness and ignorance to mankind.

If it isn't obvious to you already...and we doubt that it is...everyone is laughing at you. They have been for years.

You've ridden a bicycle square into the side of an immovable object. A house, of all things.

Maybe it was a Prototype Shimano TT bike. :p

You know, one of those Code-Named with an "X-", "X-1 Crash Module" or something. :D Those are usually a lot of fun. :D

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sometimes, California in June looks like this in the mountains:

at%20the%20top,%20a%20mostly%20%23e46a.jpg

You are too fat to climb up there! :D

and even if you did,

(which would require Βaby Jesus miracling your @Ss up there),

it would be hard to go fast with those Fruit-egra hubs running on mashed seaweed Sushi and whale oil! :D

Merry Christmas, Volnix! Er...you Greeks do celebrate our non-Greek Orthodox holiday, don't you? Or do all you young Greeks worship Diana...no...not the Princess...er...maybe it was Minerva? Or that dude that played the pan flute and sold CD's on the TV?

Oh...it's Athena! You worship Campy Athena? Goddess of cheap EPS!

Merry Christmas, Volnix! Er...you Greeks do celebrate our non-Greek Orthodox holiday, don't you? Or do all you young Greeks worship Diana...no...not the Princess...er...maybe it was Minerva? Or that dude that played the pan flute and sold CD's on the TV?

Oh...it's Athena! You worship Campy Athena? Goddess of cheap EPS!

I'm a bit Voodoo myself! :p :D

Merry Christmas!!! :)

Sveti! Tantsui!

(Caution: Sveti's most Beautiful Ass © might make Europa!TM to cry)

... It was 32° when I started riding this afternoon in the sun and my hands froze WITH wool glove liners inside these worthless excuses for cycling gloves. And no, my hands were not sweating.

Every time I turned into the head wind I could feel...or maybe NOT FEEL...my fingers going numb. Every time I turned out of the wind I regained some feeling in my numb fingers.

My rating: SAVE YOUR MONEY! Go to Wally World or Tractor Supply or Menards and buy 5 pairs of decent winter gloves for the same money. The big box store gloves work as well or better than these.

I'm all-in on sourcing some alternative-to-REI/etc. clothing at Wally World ...

FWIW. Of course, cold hands are not an isolated phenomenon unique to riders in Ohio ...

To momentarily return the thread to discussing alternatives to the non-functioning Specialized Element 2.0 gloves ...

I found that FOR ME at temps from 25º-&-higher keeping my hands warm is to simply wear a pair of old style, crocheted-back cycling gloves (it's the type I prefer to wear during the Summer, too ...) UNDER a pair of happens-to-be-but-any-equivalent-will-do (e.g., "leather palmed" for gripping "traction") Pearl Izumi knit gloves.

Yeah, it's probably counter-intuitive that a pair of knit gloves work ... undoubtedly, it is the ADDITIONAL layer which the crocheted cycling gloves add which is the reason why it seems to work -- that is, the crocheted cycling gloves provide the beneficial boundary layer of warm air akin to the once-common fishnet undergarments which were once commonly used by Winter backpackers/campers/etc.​

If biting WIND continues to be an issue, then a pair of comparatively clumsy "WIND MITTENS" (made with 60/40, 65/35, or Supplex ... GoreTex is probably too stiff and will undoubtedly become annoying after a few miles) which XC skiers use would be the added layer which I recommend you try ...

Shifting & Braking with Campagnolo shifters should not be too adversely impacted by the Wind Mittens ....

Try them with your bike mounted on your trainer to assess the limitations.​

To state the obvious, a warm head == warm feet AND hands ...

So, if you aren't already wearing a balaclava under your helmet, consider one.​

BTW. I also wear a pair of cheap shop goggles (the type with the face-fitting vinyl cowl) because cold wind on MY eyes not only makes my eyes tear but seems to exacerbate the sensation which the cold wind imparts. If "style" is important OR you already have a pair of downhill ski goggles, then consider trying those OR some other type of goggles.

Now That's Christmas, Volnix!

I don't understand Russian, but think the lyrics said something about not accepting 'refugees' and terrorists into the Motherland.

I'm still thinking the 7V Lithion-Ion battery heated gloves and sox are going to be the way to go...short of having Volnix's Russian girl band massage my stiff...toes.

It was 50° today and we only got misted on during the last three or four miles of a 42-mile cruise. No shoe covers needed. No thermal gloves needed. No Gabba jacket needed. No wind tights needed. Next week all of that and more may be required along with two base layers and llama wool sox.

Now That's Christmas, Volnix!

I don't understand Russian, but think the lyrics said something about not accepting 'refugees' and terrorists into the Motherland.

I actually googled the lyrics and it says just that: "Russia dance and Europe Cry because I have the Most Beatiful Ass!!!"

There is little coherence but I somehow how I want to get a very small camera and photograph the barracks at the borderline. :p