Revive new owner

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by C.H., May 27, 2004.

1. C.H.

C.H. New Member

Last week I bought two Giant Revive bikes so far so good! I didnt buy the model with the cycle computer now I would like to use a wired cyclecomputer but the wire is to short, What should I do? People with recumbents must have the same proublem??? Thanks C.H.

Tags:

2. R40

R40 New Member

Hi

I cut the wire in half and add longer wire to it. Some places sells cyclecomputer for recumbents.

Hope this helps

3. G Cook

G Cook New Member

Here is a different kick on the issure. I have a new to me giro and had a wireless computer. I mounted it on the main tube right behind the steering tube. Before each ride I set it to hr and speed. I don't look at all the other information till the ride is over. I just enjoy the ride and enjoy the susprise after the ride as to how as did. Pluss I can't read the damn thing with that big smile on my face anyway. Just enjoy the ride.

4. dan6m

dan6m New Member

I bought a used Goldrush a few weeks ago and it has a BikeE cyclocomputer which has what appears to me to be as much wire as anyone could need. The previous owner, in the spirit of full disclosure, told me that he had damaged the cyclocomputer and that it may not be completely reliable. So I ordered a Sigma wireless computer and found two problems. The wireless computer would not transmit the 40 inches to the top of the handlebars. When I mounted it lower, as close the the stem as possible, it transmitted the 26 inches fine. However, it did not fit the narrow handlebar tubes without a lot of shimming and because of the steep angle of the rise of the handlebars, the computer pointed off the the left at an angle. It was definately workable and readable but unacceptablely inelegant, so I sent it back. Meanwhile, the BikeE computer has worked without a problem. The previous ower got it from a bike shop in which he works part time.

5. krking

krking New Member

Sorry this is a late reply, I hadn't noticed this post before.

You can get a inexpensive rear wheel kit for cycle computers. It's intended for putting the sensor on the rear wheel of an upright so they can be used with indoor trainers. It's got a long enough wire to reach from the front wheel to the handelbars of a 'bent