Revive power assisted coversion?

Slugger

Guest
Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the Revive DX
to a power assisted ride?
Thanks

Slugger wrote:
> Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the Revive DX
> to a power assisted ride? Thanks

The Revive DX real hub is complicate enough as is. Why not have a motor
hub front wheel. I saw 20" wheel with motor in the hub on many bikes
here in Thailand. See www.eco-brand.com .

I never find a need for motor assisted for my Revive 8. After riding the
Revive for a few weeks my mussles developed and I found that It is very
easy to ride 20 kms every day. I am 74 years old.

--

Slugger wrote:

> Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the Revive DX
> to a power assisted ride?
> Thanks

One possibility would be building a wheel with a Sparc hub.
<http://www.sram.com/pavement/sparc/index.asp>.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

--

I prefer a rear wheel push when it comes to recumbents(semi's in the
case of the revive). I live in a hilly area and would like to get to
work without being soaked in sweat when i get there. Otherwise i
wouldn't care..infact my plan is to ride home but motor to work.
Thanks for the replies.

What am I pond scum?
Tough Crowd here

The SRAM SPARC SUCKS
The ECO-Brand Motor is laughable

Ya want an e-Motor that will climb a tree contact me at www.evsolutions.net
The last time I checked I was the only person who specializes in
electrifying bents.

Joshua
******

news:[email protected]...

Wile E. Coyote wrote:

> What am I pond scum?
> Tough Crowd here

Joshua,

We assumed that you were capable for speaking up for yourself.

> The SRAM SPARC SUCKS

Does it have a vacuum attachment?

Please elaborate.

> The ECO-Brand Motor is laughable

> Ya want an e-Motor that will climb a tree contact me at www.evsolutions.net

Tree climbing is not high on the priority list of most cyclists. ;)

> The last time I checked I was the only person who specializes in
> electrifying bents.

The Revive is not a recumbent, but a semi-upright.

--
Tom Sherman – Quad City Area

There was a motorized trailer article in RCN some time back, (on a
Tailwind).Seemed like a practical place to get some push; you could carry stuff
for your commute, and wouldn't have to alter the bike much.

In article <[email protected]>, Shwackman
<[email protected]> wrote:

> There was a motorized trailer article in RCN some time back, (on a
> Tailwind).Seemed like a practical place to get some push; you could carry
> stuff
> for your commute, and wouldn't have to alter the bike much.

Yes a Rans Tailwind but i can't find any in town.
Is it hard to add a motor to your bike? is there a kit i can get to do
it myself?...all these bikes are so different.

www.thunderstruck-ev.com
Look under "vehicles".
Look at "Moto-Bob".
Crystalyte Hub Motor on a BOB.

Joshua
www.evsolutions.net

"Slugger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:300520040203381709%[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, Shwackman
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > There was a motorized trailer article in RCN some time back, (on a
> > Tailwind).Seemed like a practical place to get some push; you could

carry
> > stuff
> > for your commute, and wouldn't have to alter the bike much.

> Yes a Rans Tailwind but i can't find any in town.
> Is it hard to add a motor to your bike? is there a kit i can get to do
> it myself?...all these bikes are so different.

Hi Tom

I have not been very active on ARBR these past few months and I am not
really into harvesting souls to electrify them....hmmm let me rephase that,
I am not into asking people into HPVs to add e-motors, I figure people will
find me if they want to go electric. I am getting bent stores and bent
manufacturers refer their customers to me...word of mouth and all that.

I looked at the GIANT website and that is one butt ugly semi-bent.

The ECO-Speed is a company in Oregon (what a surprise there) making a
mid-drive motor for BikeEs.

The SRAM SPARC is just funny and does not work very well, no torque and it
makes a whining noise with no speed to get excited about. One of their promo
lines was...it is like you have no motor at all. They pulled the line when
they realized people went faster without it.

As for climbing trees not being a high priority for most cyclists.

You know what I meant (hopefully), re: lots of torque.

I got into e-motors when I was 2/3 of the way up a hill and noticed not only
was I not going forward, but was now going backwards and figured this was
not a good thing and the cars behind me all started going backwards to avoid
running over me. I also noticed my front wheels lifting off the ground and
figured this was not a good sign either. This was when I decided tadpoles
need roll bars.
Now I take most hills just fine and find another route for the the ones I
cannot climb...I just curse at them (they do not curse back, I am weird not
crazy).

Joshua AKA Wile E.Coyote
**********************

Slugger wrote:

> Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the Revive DX
> to a power assisted ride?

There is a great group of folks at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/power-assist who have lots of experience
in answering those types of questions.

--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean,
But much benefit is derived from the labor of the ox.

evsolutions wrote:

> What am I pond scum?

Not to me you ain't. LOLOLOLOL

--

Slugger wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>, ruchai <usenet-
> [email protected]> wrote:
> > Slugger wrote:
> > > Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the
> > > Revive DX to a power assisted ride? Thanks

> The Revive DX real hub is complicate enough as is. Why not have a
> > motor

> hub front wheel. I saw 20" wheel with motor in the hub on many
> > bikes

> here in Thailand. See www.eco-brand.com .
> I never find a need for
> > motor assisted for my Revive 8. After riding the

> Revive for a few weeks my
> > mussles developed and I found that It is very

> easy to ride 20 kms every day.
> > I am 74 years old.
> >

> --
> >

> I prefer a rear wheel push when it comes to recumbents(semi's in the
> case of the revive). I live in a hilly area and would like to get to
> work without being soaked in sweat when i get there. Otherwise i
> wouldn't care..infact my plan is to ride home but motor to work. Thanks
> for the replies.

The SPARC is a P-5 with 200W of motors. No sense giving up the Nexus 7
you already have for a P-5. Lot more powerful front hub motors than
200W. Zeta III at 170W is quickly mounted to the front, and a fraction
of the cost of the SPARC if you’d be satisfied with 200W anyway.

Given you already have an internal gear rear, the front hub is the
simplest and best way to go. You can’t seriously need exclude fwd
electric unless your hill is so steep you loose front traction and have
your wheel spinning-a rare terrain indeed.

If you insist on rwd, you could go Currie (ZAP or Bikit won’t work with
the rear suspension), but fwd hub is the best option by far on that bike
outside of some cargo hauling needs that might be betters served with
Motobob if the trailer can even be mounted to the Nexus axle.

--

That's exactly what I'm going to do - make a pusher trailer. I made a basic
clone of a BoB trailer and on the next one I'm going to put a 20" with a 5

Barring that, I checked the EV Solutions site (no prices) on all the
different hub motors, but I think they'd be far more expensive than what I'm
planning.

"Shwackman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> There was a motorized trailer article in RCN some time back, (on a
> Tailwind).Seemed like a practical place to get some push; you could carry

stuff
> for your commute, and wouldn't have to alter the bike much.

Hi

I don't give prices, a blank check works best for me and depending upon the
mood I am in at the time and the rate of inflation and rising cost of
cheesecake you'd be surprised how much I charge for a Hub Motor.

I sell to bent owners for less than to the as yet unenlightened DF riders.

A Hub Motor goes from $100.00 for a 500W model up to $350.00 for the 2,000W
model, the motors are not the expensive part, it is the shipping that bites
yer ass/the average motor kit already laced into a 16 or 20 inch wheel with
a Recumbent Axle (yes they exist now) is $375.->$450.00 and includes the
shipping. The more costly models include disc brakes and 8 speed cassettes.
The model we are testing now on various recumbents will clock a sustained 55
mph and take hills/

Joshua
******
PS wait a week for the new website to go up, it is more coherent and
designed by a bent builder/

news:[email protected]...

http://www.velocab.com/bilder/revive.jpg See more details here.

--

Slugger <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<290520040134101529%[email protected]>...
> Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the Revive DX
> to a power assisted ride?
> Thanks

Keep me posted if you do convert your Revive, I would like to add some
images to my web page.

I sometimes get asked, were is the motor on that thing? And I
say,"your looking at it"

Derek
Revivedx.com

Revivederek wrote:
> Slugger <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<290520040134101529%[email protected]>...
> > Does anyone know of a rear wheel drive kit for converting the Revive
> > DX to a power assisted ride? Thanks

> Keep me posted if you do convert your Revive, I would like to add some
> images to my web page.
> I sometimes get asked, were is the motor on that thing? And I say,"your
> looking at it"
> Derek Revivedx.com

This picture of the Revive with front hub motor is the way to go if you
want motor for your Revive. http://www.velocab.com/bilder/revive.jpg You
can get similar hub motor from http://www.goldenmotor.com/index.html For
me I am very happy with my Revive8. My play ground is relatively flat I
have no problem with using my 74 years old mussles!