Revolution at Manchester Velodrome

Dirtylitterboxo

Guest
Went over to Manchester to see the first Revolution meeting. Good fun, good cycling. David Millar
signed the family Randonee du Centennaire shirts. Nathan's will now be framed. Had trackside seats
right next to the finish line. Excellent way to spend an evening.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It was appalling! The number
of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not just a sneak through on amber, but a full-blown
running red lights at speed was noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air yesterday - as it
was much worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

> Went over to Manchester to see the first Revolution meeting. Good fun, good cycling. David Millar
> signed the family Randonee du Centennaire shirts. Nathan's will now be framed. Had trackside seats
> right next to the finish line. Excellent way to spend an evening.

Long way to go for an evening

Tony

> Went over to Manchester to see the first Revolution meeting. Good fun, good cycling. David Millar
> signed the family Randonee du Centennaire shirts. Nathan's will now be framed. Had trackside seats
> right next to the finish line. Excellent way to spend an evening.
>
> Cheers, helen s
>
> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
> fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

Was Obree there ? Was it packed out ? Did you get tickets in advance ?

I was thinking about going, the velodrome is a 45 min drive from my house, but Mrs Series wasn't
too keen even though she used to like the track cycling and I didn't really fancy it on my own.

>Was Obree there ?

Not that I could see

>Was it packed out ?

Very full

>Did you get tickets in advance ?

Yes

> I was thinking about going, the velodrome is a 45 min drive from my house, but Mrs Series wasn't
> too keen even though she used to like the track cycling and I didn't really fancy it on my own.

It was a good evening. Vernon, Nathan & I all enjoyed the cycling.

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

>Long way to go for an evening
>
>Tony

Went for the day. Nathan joined in with the Eastlands Velo session earlier - getting some track
training in. Have to say that club is *excellent* at letting him join in. Which is great, as we
don't have such a facility where we are. So a distinct *thank you* to Eastlands Velo. Nathan had a
bad sessin though - he came off at one point by pulling his foot out of the pedal, unintentionally,
as he was pedalling so hard. He came off and the boy behind him couldn't avoid him, so two of them
came down. Both were just a bit bruised, nothing serious. Nathan was very cross with himself though!

Cheers, helen s

fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**s@$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$

"dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It
was
> appalling! The number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not
just
> a sneak through on amber, but a full-blown running red lights at speed was noticeable. Perhaps
> there was something in the air yesterday - as it was
much
> worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

Enough about the cars already

> The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It was appalling! The
> number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not just a sneak through on amber, but a
> full-blown running red lights at speed was noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air
> yesterday - as it was much worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

Country folk go up to the big city ;-)

Tony

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:03:55 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

> The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It was appalling! The
> number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not just a sneak through on amber, but a
> full-blown running red lights at speed was noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air
> yesterday - as it was much worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

No... speaking as a regular Manchester commuter, I can honestly say that the driving around here
"Sucks chunky goat vomit through a twisty straw." (Thank you Sam/RavenBait for expanding my
expressive ability!) I suspect that in the past you've seen the exceptions rather than the rules!

:)
--
http://www.redshift.uklinux.net/ Windcheetah No.176 Linux Counter No. 275325 *Remove Spamcatcher and
x for email reply

My tribe also enjoyed the track meet, wide and 3 from 7-14 all very complimentary.

To be in the presence of such greatness was fantastic.

I just wish I had known at the time that we were in the same seating block as helen.

We were slightly higher up, having opted for the empty press seats, which gave us a table for the
reasonably priced munchies.

As Arnie said, " I'll be back", or was that some other pseudo American?

Martyn

On Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:03:55 +0000, dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:

> The other thing noticed about Manchester was the amount of bad driving. It was appalling! The
> number of motorists jumping red lights was astonishing. Not just a sneak through on amber, but a
> full-blown running red lights at speed was noticeable. Perhaps there was something in the air
> yesterday - as it was much worse than I've noticed before :-Þ

No... speaking as a regular Manchester commuter, I can honestly say that the driving around here
"Sucks chunky goat vomit through a twisty straw." (Thank you Sam/RavenBait for expanding my
expressive ability!) I suspect that in the past you've seen the exceptions rather than the rules!

:)
--
http://www.redshift.uklinux.net/ Windcheetah No.176 Linux Counter No. 275325 *Remove Spamcatcher and
x for email reply

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:
: him join in. Which is great, as we don't have such a facility where we are. So a distinct *thank
: you* to Eastlands Velo. Nathan had a bad sessin though - he came off at one point by pulling his
: foot out of the pedal, unintentionally, as

Sounds like worn cleats to me. Shouldn't happen - worth having a look at. You don't want that
happening on the road.

Arthur

--
Arthur Clune http://www.clune.org "Technolibertarians make a philosophy out of a personality defect"
- Paulina Borsook

dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers <[email protected]> wrote:
:>Sounds like worn cleats to me.

: The tension on the pedals was too loose.

Fair enough. He'll learn to check it next time :) Though I'll still point out that worn look cleats
pull out easier at a given pedal tension that new ones. His may well have been new of course, just
something to keep in mind.

Glad he enjoyed him self anyway.

Arthur

--

Arthur Clune wrote:

>Though I'll still point out that worn look cleats pull out easier at a given pedal tension that
>new ones.

Indeed, and I have the scar to prove it, in a virulent purple colour, upon my right shin :-( A
strange thing about said scar, though, it sat there merrily being about the size of a fingernail for
two years before deciding to get infected and increase its size about five-fold.

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/