Rewards

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Mette, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Mette

Mette Guest

Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?

I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
    (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and such. It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat
    carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my
    wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking absolutely stunning:eek:)

Tags:

2. I usually don't right now, but I have some long term rewards in mind, Lee
    Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
    >
    > I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
    > (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
    such.
    > It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
    > Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
    > absolutely stunning:eek:)

3. Frood

Frood Guest

I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10% lost, 25 lbs lost. I'm planning
    rewards for reaching goal, and another for staying at goal for 5 months. I"m having a bit of trouble
    with my next mini-goal, so maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)

--
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
    >
    > I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
    such.
    > It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
    > Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking

4. Lesanne

Lesanne Guest

yes, I did. Maybe I need to set up some more rewards for maintenance, or for getting to where I
    really want to be.

>
    such.

5. I usually found that meeting my mini goals was enough of a reward, but occasionally, I planned a
    nice meal at a restaurant - on program, of course. Elaine K

Mette wrote:

>Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
    >
    >I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
    >(sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and such. It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat
    >carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my
    >wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking absolutely stunning:eek:)
    >
    >
    >

6. "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Well, I reached goal on January 4th, so I rewarded myself with a new Brave Combo CD, "Box of
    Ghosts". It was a lot of fun finding a non-food reward, and the CD is fabulous!

Nina in Texas
    204.2/164/160.2 (joined 4/6/03)

7. Krys

Krys Guest

Back when I first did this - meetings and all - I used to reward myself every week that I lost. I've
    stopped doing that this time around........maybe I should start again.........

--
    krys

UK 157/133.4/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

>
    such.

8. I don't right now. I'm waiting to get to goal so I can go shopping for a new wardrobe! That will be
    my ultimate reward!
    --
    Brenda
    209/178/150 RafL goal 165

>
    such.

9. Joyce

Joyce Guest

Nope, I never did during the losing phase. It wasn't a concious effort or deprivation though, just
    nothing I really wanted bad enough and I really didn't need the extra motivation since mine seemed
    to run very high throughout the process. When I reached goal though, I did reward myself by
    purchasing an Italian Charm bracelet and corresponding charms (numbers and colored stars) to remind
    me of the entire journey.

Joyce

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 10:00:42 +0100, "Mette" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
    >
    >I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
    >(sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and such. It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat
    >carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my
    >wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking absolutely stunning:eek:)

10. Kate Dicey

Kate Dicey Guest

frood wrote:
    >
    > I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10% lost, 25 lbs lost. I'm
    > planning rewards for reaching goal, and another for staying at goal for 5 months. I"m having a bit
    > of trouble with my next mini-goal, so maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)

How about a set of fat quarters in your favourite colours? Myself, I think new, smaller bras are a
    good reward!

--

Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

11. Fred

Fred Guest

My credit card cannot stand many more rewards!!!!

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:22:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>yes, I did. Maybe I need to set up some more rewards for maintenance, or for getting to where I
    >really want to be.
    >
    >"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
    >>
    >> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
    >> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
    >such.
    >> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
    >> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
    >> absolutely stunning:eek:)
    >>
    >>
    >

12. Stan

Stan Guest

I love Brave Combo! They played at our wedding reception.

I just looked this CD up. It looks great... Might have to get that one.

Stan

On 16 Jan 2004 12:44:54 -0800, [email protected] (Nina K Pettis) wrote:

>"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
    >
    >Well, I reached goal on January 4th, so I rewarded myself with a new Brave Combo CD, "Box of
    >Ghosts". It was a lot of fun finding a non-food reward, and the CD is fabulous!
    >
    >Nina in Texas
    >204.2/164/160.2 (joined 4/6/03)

13. Frood

Frood Guest

Well, I thought of that. But, I'm sort of on a stash diet, too. <G>

--
    Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    online.co.uk...
    > frood wrote:
    > >
    > > I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10%
    lost,
    > > 25 lbs lost. I'm planning rewards for reaching goal, and another for
    staying
    > > at goal for 5 months. I"m having a bit of trouble with my next
    mini-goal, so
    > > maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)
    >
    > How about a set of fat quarters in your favourite colours? Myself, I think new, smaller bras are a
    > good reward!
    >
    > --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
    > Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

14. Fred

Fred Guest

fat quarters and bras - I love it. Just think - would our parents have shared this info? (g) Well,
    maybe fat quarters altho, mom would not have known what they were (nor I had I not had a quilting
    secretary) I should post a picture of the quilt she made me.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:36:29 +0000, Kate Dicey <[email protected]> wrote:

>frood wrote:
    >>
    >> I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10% lost, 25 lbs lost. I'm
    >> planning rewards for reaching goal, and another for staying at goal for 5 months. I"m having a
    >> bit of trouble with my next mini-goal, so maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)
    >
    >How about a set of fat quarters in your favourite colours? Myself, I think new, smaller bras are a
    >good reward!