Rewards

Mette

Guest
Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?

I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
(sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and such. It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat
carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my
wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking absolutely stunning:eek:)

I usually don't right now, but I have some long term rewards in mind, Lee
Mette <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
such.
> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
> absolutely stunning:eek:)

I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10% lost, 25 lbs lost. I'm planning
rewards for reaching goal, and another for staying at goal for 5 months. I"m having a bit of trouble
with my next mini-goal, so maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
such.
> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
> absolutely stunning:eek:)

yes, I did. Maybe I need to set up some more rewards for maintenance, or for getting to where I
really want to be.

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
such.
> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
> absolutely stunning:eek:)

I usually found that meeting my mini goals was enough of a reward, but occasionally, I planned a
nice meal at a restaurant - on program, of course. Elaine K

Mette wrote:

>Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
>I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
>(sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and such. It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat
>carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my
>wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking absolutely stunning:eek:)

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?

Well, I reached goal on January 4th, so I rewarded myself with a new Brave Combo CD, "Box of
Ghosts". It was a lot of fun finding a non-food reward, and the CD is fabulous!

Nina in Texas
204.2/164/160.2 (joined 4/6/03)

Back when I first did this - meetings and all - I used to reward myself every week that I lost. I've
stopped doing that this time around........maybe I should start again.........

--
krys

UK 157/133.4/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 ...definitely making progress...

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
such.
> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
> absolutely stunning:eek:)

I don't right now. I'm waiting to get to goal so I can go shopping for a new wardrobe! That will be
my ultimate reward!
--
Brenda
209/178/150 RafL goal 165

"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
such.
> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
> absolutely stunning:eek:)

Nope, I never did during the losing phase. It wasn't a concious effort or deprivation though, just
nothing I really wanted bad enough and I really didn't need the extra motivation since mine seemed
to run very high throughout the process. When I reached goal though, I did reward myself by
purchasing an Italian Charm bracelet and corresponding charms (numbers and colored stars) to remind
me of the entire journey.

Joyce

frood wrote:

> I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10% lost, 25 lbs lost. I'm
> planning rewards for reaching goal, and another for staying at goal for 5 months. I"m having a bit
> of trouble with my next mini-goal, so maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)

How about a set of fat quarters in your favourite colours? Myself, I think new, smaller bras are a
good reward!

Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

My credit card cannot stand many more rewards!!!!

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:22:52 GMT, "Lesanne" <[email protected]> wrote:

>yes, I did. Maybe I need to set up some more rewards for maintenance, or for getting to where I
>really want to be.
>
>"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>>
>> I rewarded myself to a new lipstick last week, and today I owe myself a brand new steel collander
>> (sp?) - for draining water out of pasta and
>such.
>> It keeps me motivated, and of course the big fat carrot at the very end of the stick: celebrating
>> Valentines Day and 6 months anniversary with my wonderful boyfriend in the same week, looking
>> absolutely stunning:eek:)

I love Brave Combo! They played at our wedding reception.

I just looked this CD up. It looks great... Might have to get that one.

Stan

On 16 Jan 2004 12:44:54 -0800, [email protected] (Nina K Pettis) wrote:

>"Mette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Do you reward yourselves when you've had a loss? Or when you reach a mini-goal?
>
>Well, I reached goal on January 4th, so I rewarded myself with a new Brave Combo CD, "Box of
>Ghosts". It was a lot of fun finding a non-food reward, and the CD is fabulous!
>
>Nina in Texas
>204.2/164/160.2 (joined 4/6/03)

Well, I thought of that. But, I'm sort of on a stash diet, too. <G>

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"Kate Dicey" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
online.co.uk...
> frood wrote:
> >
> > I've given myself rewards for my big milestones - first 10 lost, 10%
lost,
> > 25 lbs lost. I'm planning rewards for reaching goal, and another for
staying
> > at goal for 5 months. I"m having a bit of trouble with my next
mini-goal, so
> > maybe I need to offer myself a reward. ;-)
>
> How about a set of fat quarters in your favourite colours? Myself, I think new, smaller bras are a
> good reward!
>
> --

> Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
> Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

fat quarters and bras - I love it. Just think - would our parents have shared this info? (g) Well,
maybe fat quarters altho, mom would not have known what they were (nor I had I not had a quilting
secretary) I should post a picture of the quilt she made me.