Rewrapping Cinelli Adhesive Cork Tape

dsschanze

Jan 14, 2007
Hey,

I've had some nice yellow Cinelli Cork adhesive bartape on my bars for a few weeks now, but am having a little trouble with it unraveling around my integrated handlebar mirror. I have read on the internet that adhesive cork tape will tear when one tries to remove it to rewrap...how else can I fix this when it is at the opposive end from that which I started from (I started from the center of my bars and wrapped to the end).

Thanks,
ds

dsschanze said:
Hey,

I've had some nice yellow Cinelli Cork adhesive bartape on my bars for a few weeks now, but am having a little trouble with it unraveling around my integrated handlebar mirror. I have read on the internet that adhesive cork tape will tear when one tries to remove it to rewrap...how else can I fix this when it is at the opposive end from that which I started from (I started from the center of my bars and wrapped to the end).

Thanks,
ds
And how is this related to cycling training???

Your only option is to start carefully from the finish of your tape job and hope you don't tear the cork till you've got it far enough unwrapped to take up the tension and finish it again.

FWIW, I have much better luck with bar tape staying tight and not getting pushed around when I start at the bar ends and wrap towards the center of the bars. It's like shingling a roof, each new wrap overlays the previous wrap as you go up the bars so there's less tendency to catch the edges and loosen the tape.

-Dave

daveryanwyoming said:
And how is this related to cycling training???

Your only option is to start carefully from the finish of your tape job and hope you don't tear the cork till you've got it far enough unwrapped to take up the tension and finish it again.

FWIW, I have much better luck with bar tape staying tight and not getting pushed around when I start at the bar ends and wrap towards the center of the bars. It's like shingling a roof, each new wrap overlays the previous wrap as you go up the bars so there's less tendency to catch the edges and loosen the tape.

-Dave
Sorry...I didn't realize until now that I posted in the wrong forum :eek:. Thanks, I'll try that!