Reynolds Alta Aero Comp Rim Dimensions

Andy Froncioni

Guest
I've looked everywhere for the dimensions of the Reynolds Alta Aero
Comp rim. Nothing on the web, got nowhere calling Reynolds
themselves... nothing.

I need the ERD for a wheelbuilding project. The Reynolds rep also
mentioned a reversed nipple, which got me wondering some more.

Can anyone explain what the rep might have meant by this? And does
anyone know the ERD of this rim?

advTHANKSance,

Andy

On Jun 17, 3:34 am, Andy Froncioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've looked everywhere for the dimensions of the Reynolds Alta Aero
> Comp rim. Nothing on the web, got nowhere calling Reynolds
> themselves... nothing.
>
> I need the ERD for a wheelbuilding project. The Reynolds rep also
> mentioned a reversed nipple, which got me wondering some more.
>
> Can anyone explain what the rep might have meant by this? And does
> anyone know the ERD of this rim?
>
> advTHANKSance,
>
> Andy

The nipples are actually inside the rim, do not protrue...unside down.
Go to a LBS that has wheelsmith rod spoke calc system, measure the ERD
but when calculating the spoke length, add about 4mm since the nipps
don't protrude.

> On Jun 17, 3:34 am, Andy Froncioni <[email protected]> wrote:
>> I've looked everywhere for the dimensions of the Reynolds Alta Aero
>> Comp rim. Nothing on the web, got nowhere calling Reynolds
>> themselves... nothing.
>>
>> I need the ERD for a wheelbuilding project. The Reynolds rep also
>> mentioned a reversed nipple, which got me wondering some more.
>>
>> Can anyone explain what the rep might have meant by this? And does
>> anyone know the ERD of this rim?
>>
>> advTHANKSance,
>>
>> Andy

> The nipples are actually inside the rim, do not protrue...unside down.
> Go to a LBS that has wheelsmith rod spoke calc system, measure the ERD
> but when calculating the spoke length, add about 4mm since the nipps
> don't protrude.

It may not be possible to use SLS rim rods on these rims. Rods are the same
diameter as nipples, not spokes, so if rim holes are drilled 2mm for spoke
to insert, rim rods won't go through. . .

You can create a makeshift "rim rod" set with spokes though.....

On Jun 17, 3:34 am, Andy Froncioni <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've looked everywhere for the dimensions of the Reynolds Alta Aero
> Comp rim. Nothing on the web, got nowhere calling Reynolds
> themselves... nothing.
>
> I need the ERD for a wheelbuilding project. The Reynolds rep also
> mentioned a reversed nipple, which got me wondering some more.
>
> Can anyone explain what the rep might have meant by this? And does
> anyone know the ERD of this rim?
>
> advTHANKSance,
>
> Andy

Did you ever find the ERD of this rim, and a source for the proper
nipples?