Reynolds Alta Race - OVERSIZED AXLE ??

corelboy1

Jul 29, 2006
Hi everybody

I have a Giant TCR2 (2001) with a pair of Open pro/ultegra.

I'm looking for something a bit lighter and was thinkning about Reynolds Alta Race. It says in the description that tthey have "Oversized Axle".

Is it only the part of the axle inside the hub or the whole axle, end to end, and it won't fit in my fork and frame dropouts ? Anyone has them ? Do you have a super-dooper special frame or something ?

Thanks a zillion ...

corelboy1 said:
Hi everybody

I have a Giant TCR2 (2001) with a pair of Open pro/ultegra.

I'm looking for something a bit lighter and was thinkning about Reynolds Alta Race. It says in the description that tthey have "Oversized Axle".

Is it only the part of the axle inside the hub or the whole axle, end to end, and it won't fit in my fork and frame dropouts ? Anyone has them ? Do you have a super-dooper special frame or something ?

Thanks a zillion ...

Don't worry: it'll fit in your dropouts.

thank you very much !
can't wait to spend a day of climbing or go for an hour of speed training ...

corelboy1 said:
thank you very much !
can't wait to spend a day of climbing or go for an hour of speed training ...

Enjoy 'em. I gots a set of Reynolds Stratus DV tubies that are getting used most everday, and I'm severely in lust with 'em.

I recently ordered a set of Alta Race wheels. Did not want carbon wheels as they would be the only ones and I tend to switch wheels around from time to time.

Only problem I have had is that the Alta Race were out of stock, not only at the builder but at Reynolds as well. We are currently waiting for the wheels, Reynolds sent a message saying they were building 'em, then got a message saying they had been shipped - haven't arrived at where my new bike is yet :(

Soon enough, then like Alien, I will be riding 'em every day.