Reynolds Ouzo pro aero fork opinions

veloci

May 1, 2004
Has anyone used this fork on their road bikes? i know people that use it in their TT bikes and love it. i was just wondering how it will work on a road bike.

veloci said:
Has anyone used this fork on their road bikes? i know people that use it in their TT bikes and love it. i was just wondering how it will work on a road bike.
I use the Ouzo Pro Peloton on my road bike. I believe the specs (width, depth, weight) are almost identical to the 'aero' version. The weight weenies might prefer a lighter fork (e.g. Easton SLX comes to mind) but I love it. It's stiff and handles beautifully in corners. I don't know the stats on how much aero advantage it will give you (i.e. in a break away) but I would imagine that it's pretty negligible. It is just a really good solid fork!

Pad

veloci said:
I've had one on my bike for three years. it does everything a fork is supposed to do. It corners well, is plenty stiff for sprints and climbs and it soaks up road vibrations. It's a real beauty. I've never used it for tt's, but it's wafer thin and I just know it's plenty aero. It is not UCI legal for road racing though. I have the regular Ouzo pro integrated on my race bike. Unlike the Easton aero model, the Ouzo aero looks fine on road bikes.