Reynolds Stratus Switching Freehub

idland

Jun 3, 2003
I just got a used Reynolds Stratus wheel with a Campy freehub. Everything I've heard is that it's really easy to switch the freehub to Shimano. My bike shop, however, is very skeptical that it's so simple. The wheel has a White Industries hub. Has anyone done this? I'm going to call White Industries, but it'd be good to know if anyone has successfully made the switch from Campy to Shimano on the Reynolds Stratuses.

Thanks.

idland said:
I just got a used Reynolds Stratus wheel with a Campy freehub. Everything I've heard is that it's really easy to switch the freehub to Shimano. My bike shop, however, is very skeptical that it's so simple. The wheel has a White Industries hub. Has anyone done this? I'm going to call White Industries, but it'd be good to know if anyone has successfully made the switch from Campy to Shimano on the Reynolds Stratuses.

Thanks.
WHite? I always thought Reynolds used Hope hubs on the stratus... anyways back to your question - another option you might want to explore is leave the freehub and get an American Classic conversion cassette. AC makes cassettes (in a variety of ratios) that are compatible with shimano shifting using a campy-based freehub (and vice versa).