Reynolds T-bone 700/700

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mls427, Feb 14, 2004.

  1. Mls427

    Mls427 Guest

    What do you owners of the Reynolds T-bone 700/700 have to say about this bike? There's not much
    consumer info on it. If you have one, how is your bike set up (component wise) and what do you think
    of the ride?

    Tags:

  2. Chuck Davis

    Chuck Davis Guest

    "mls427" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > What do you owners of the Reynolds T-bone 700/700 have to say about this bike? There's not much
    > consumer info on it. If you have one, how is your bike set up (component wise) and what do you
    > think of the ride?

    I have one. It's a beautiful and unique bike. The frame looks great because of the titanium and the
    angle changes at the headset and the stays. As far as the ride goes, I haven't felt a bump on it in
    nearly 1,000 miles. Unfortunately, that's because there's snow outside and I've done all of my miles
    on my Computrainer. I haven't noticed any flex at all on the boom under full power, and the frame
    still has noticeable vertical flex at the stays which should give a good smooth ride.

    I have Ultegra double cranks, bottom bracket and front derailleur, a Shimano XT long cage rear
    derailleur, a Bacchetta front brake, a TerraCycle GlideFlex stem and a Reynolds Ouzo Comp 2 Aero
    Fork. The Challenge seat fits me like a glove, and the Astroturf cover is very comfortable. Much
    more than I expected. It also makes a great back scratcher if you slide up and down.

    Chuck Davis