RFC POLL: Is Martha Stewart Guilty?

"The Wolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:BC402DEF.50242%[email protected]...
> On 01/30/2004 3:42 PM, in article
[email protected],
> "Vox Humana" <[email protected]> opined:
>

> > "The Wolf" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:BC401CA1.5021A%[email protected]...
> >> On 01/30/2004 12:47 PM, in article [email protected], "Vox Humana"
> >> <[email protected]> opined:

> > the
> >>>

> >> Oh I see, what state does the Clinton crime family run?
> >
> > Hint: Clinton is the opposite of Bush.
> >

> According to who?

I'm glad you agree that Clinton and Bush are more similar than different. That's your point, righ?

Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Naomi Darvell wrote:
> >
> > x-no-archive: yes
> >
> > Another problem-- among people who think she's guilty, there are going to be differences in how
> > serious people think the offense is.
>
> I'm thinking, how many of us here, upon getting a call from someone who knew that the principals
> were dumping the stock, would say, no I am not going to sell, that wouldn't be right, I'll just
> lose the money. I get out in a heartbeat. And I have a big honest streak.
>
> Now, I know this is wrong thinking, but they threw the big gun at Martha, their top lawyer. Excuse
> my french, but I firmly believe that person should be going after those f**** at Enron who
> deliberately stole all those retirement savings from their employees. That is a trial I can get
> behind, seems they are having more fun making Martha miserable over some kind of 'making an
> example' type of thing.
>
> Just my opinion.
>
> nancy

Amen, sistah! But I hate Martha, and I don't care what she did - I just want her OUT of the media -
whether it be by conviction or the demise of her popularity. To me she is majorly Ho-HUM material.

-L.

The Wolf <[email protected]> Screamed in message
news:<BC3FAAE5.5014C%[email protected]>...
> On 01/29/2004 11:48 PM, in article [email protected], "Melissa
> Houle" <[email protected]> opined:
>
> > Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...

> >> I'm thinking, how many of us here, upon getting a call from someone who knew that the
> >> principals were dumping the stock, would say, no I am not going to sell, that wouldn't be
> >> right, I'll just lose the money. I get out in a heartbeat. And I have a big honest streak.
> >>
> >> Now, I know this is wrong thinking, but they threw the big gun at Martha, their top lawyer.
> >> Excuse my french, but I firmly believe that person should be going after those f**** at Enron
> >> who deliberately stole all those retirement savings from their employees. That is a trial I can
> >> get behind, seems they are having more fun making Martha miserable over some kind of 'making an
> >> example' type of thing.
> >>
> >> Just my opinion.
> >>
> >> nancy
> >
> > My opinion, too. Okay, Martha may not have been honest, and cut a few ethical corners, which she
> > should not have done. I just think it's all been blown out of proportion to the seriousness of
> > her actions in her case because she IS famous. And some people just plain don't like her which
> > is entirely legitimate. I think she's taken domesticity completely over the top, but she's
> > Martha Stewart so that the rest of us don't have to be. I don't wish this very public
> > humiliation on her.
>
> There is one saying that transcends multiple cultures, the gist is what goes around comes around
> or you reap what you sow, etc.
>

> famous" crybabies. SHE IS IN FEDERAL COURT BECAUSE SHE LIED TO FEDERAL PROSCUTORS AND HER STOCK
> HOLDERS!

off with a wrist slap when the harm their dishonesty does is far in excess of anything that Martha
Stewart has done thus far. Lying to stockholders is bad, yes. And Ken Lay did not lie to his
stockholders and his employees about his company's fraudulent accounting practices, designed to make
Enron look more profitable than it really was? The harm his lying did brought down the entire company--
certainly at the cost of the company's stockholders and it was the ordinary employees who got burned
the worst.

> SHE WOULDN'T BE DODGING PAPERAZZI ON HER WAY UP THE COURTHOUSE STEPS EVERYMORNING NOW WOULD SHE?

Well, SOMEBODY sure needs a nap!

> Six months in the pen with the bull dykes might be an epiphany for her and she may spend the rest
> of her life a little more thankful for all the things she has.

In going on this rant, you've pretty much proved Nancy's and my points.

> that woman."

and make us new enemies the way George Bush's first strike war of aggression, the rationale for
which was based on lies and distorted and poor intelligence. Nor did it lose three million jobs or
plunge the United States billions of dollars into the red. Trillions, by the time George Bush is
finished with us. Martha Stewart may be guilty as hell, and greedy. I'm not particularly interested.
I just think there are people guilty of far WORSE harm to far more people than she is. They're the
ones I'd rather see punished first and worst. Melissa

"Melissa Houle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> and make us new enemies the way George Bush's first strike war of aggression, the rationale for
> which was based on lies and distorted and poor intelligence. Nor did it lose three million jobs or
> plunge the United States billions of dollars into the red. Trillions, by the time George Bush is
> finished with us. Martha Stewart may be guilty as hell, and greedy. I'm not particularly
> interested. I just think there are people guilty of far WORSE harm to far more people than she is.
> They're the ones I'd rather see punished first and worst. Melissa

Stand and testify, sister!!!

On 01/30/2004 5:43 PM, in article
[email protected], "Melissa Houle"
<[email protected]> opined:

> The Wolf <[email protected]> Screamed in message
> news:<BC3FAAE5.5014C%[email protected]>...
>> On 01/29/2004 11:48 PM, in article [email protected], "Melissa
>> Houle" <[email protected]> opined:
>>
>>> Nancy Young <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>> news:<[email protected]>...

>>> My opinion, too. Okay, Martha may not have been honest, and cut a few ethical corners, which she
>>> should not have done. I just think it's all been blown out of proportion to the seriousness of
>>> her actions in her case because she IS famous. And some people just plain don't like her which
>>> is entirely legitimate. I think she's taken domesticity completely over the top, but she's
>>> Martha Stewart so that the rest of us don't have to be. I don't wish this very public
>>> humiliation on her.
>>
>> There is one saying that transcends multiple cultures, the gist is what goes around comes around
>> or you reap what you sow, etc.
>>

>> famous" crybabies. SHE IS IN FEDERAL COURT BECAUSE SHE LIED TO FEDERAL PROSCUTORS AND HER STOCK
>> HOLDERS!
>

> off with a wrist slap

We don't know if Martha is even going to get a wrist slap do we?

when the harm their dishonesty does is far in
> excess of anything that Martha Stewart has done thus far. Lying to stockholders is bad, yes. And
> Ken Lay did not lie to his stockholders and his employees about his company's fraudulent
> accounting practices, designed to make Enron look more profitable than it really was? The harm his
> lying did brought down the entire company--certainly at the cost of the company's stockholders and
> it was the ordinary employees who got burned the worst.

>> SHE WOULDN'T BE DODGING PAPERAZZI ON HER WAY UP THE COURTHOUSE STEPS EVERYMORNING NOW WOULD SHE?

Someone pointed out a typo I made the above should be $1 billion.

> Well, SOMEBODY sure needs a nap!
>
>> Six months in the pen with the bull dykes might be an epiphany for her and she may spend the rest
>> of her life a little more thankful for all the things she has.
>
> In going on this rant, you've pretty much proved Nancy's and my points.
>>

>> that woman."

Who are our allies Mexico and canada? The entire world hates us because we have it so much better
then they do. Note to Saddam, don't try and kill daddy. Note to Libya and North Korea W has 4-1/2
more years so start toeing the American line.

> and make us new enemies the way George Bush's first strike war of aggression, the rationale for
> which was based on lies and distorted and poor intelligence. Nor did it lose three million jobs or
> plunge the United States billions of dollars into the red. Trillions, by the time George Bush is
> finished with us.

9/11 and the recession he inherited from Bubba, the truth hurts don't it.

--

On 01/30/2004 6:22 PM, in article [email protected],
"Vox Humana" <[email protected]> opined:

> "Melissa Houle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>> and make us new enemies the way George Bush's first strike war of aggression, the rationale for
>> which was based on lies and distorted and poor intelligence. Nor did it lose three million jobs
>> or plunge the United States billions of dollars into the red. Trillions, by the time George Bush
>> is finished with us. Martha Stewart may be guilty as hell, and greedy. I'm not particularly
>> interested. I just think there are people guilty of far WORSE harm to far more people than she
>> is. They're the ones I'd rather see punished first and worst. Melissa
>
> Stand and testify, sister!!!

See above.
I'd rather have a German division ahead of me then a French division behind me," Gen.
George S. Patton

"The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Vox Humana <[email protected]> countered Pup in message
> news:[email protected]... [snip]
> > > >
> > > Oh I see, what state does the Clinton crime family run?
> > >
> > Hint: Clinton is the opposite of Bush.
>
> Who's spectrum are you looking at? Both aim(ed) square for that fence edge known as "I don't wanna
> **** anyone off."

I think that Bush has to **** people off to please the religious right and consolidate his base. He
knows that they are not satisfied with anything short of a zero-sum game.

Vox Humana <[email protected]> countered the counter in message
news:[email protected]...
> "The Ranger" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Vox Humana <[email protected]> countered Pup in message
news:[email protected]... [snip]

> > > Hint: Clinton is the opposite of Bush.
> >
> > Who's spectrum are you looking at? Both aim(ed) square for that fence edge known as "I don't
> > wanna **** anyone off."
> >
> I think that Bush has to **** people off to please the religious right and consolidate his base.
> He knows that they are not satisfied with anything short of a zero-sum game.

It's simple lip service, nothing more, to the Republicats. He's smart enough to know that if he
keeps things simple and focused elsewhere, he'll spend another four years in Da House. The Democins
don't have anyone worth sending against him unless he caters exclusively to the extremes. Nothing
scares the middle class more than perceived extremes.

The Ranger

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 15:29:05 -0700, "Bob Myers"
<[email protected]> wrote:

>> Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> suggested in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > Let your opinion be heard. Results posted on Sunday, 2/1/04. Cast your vote here:
>> > http://www.misterpoll.com/1666990844.html
>>

>Quite frankly, I could not possibly care less. I don't ever watch her incredibly dull television
>shows, read her magazines, or otherwise consume ANY output of Martha Stewart Pan-Galactic Inc., so
>whether she's still churning this stuff out or crocheting toilet-seat covers for her cell will make
>absolutely no difference to me, now or ever.
>
>Bob M.

but bob, she speaks very highly of you.

your pal, blake

On 29 Jan 2004 19:34:05 -0800, [email protected] (Lynn Gifford) wrote:

>Default User <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Naomi Darvell wrote:
>> >

>> > Another problem-- among people who think she's guilty, there are going to be differences in how
>> > serious people think the offense is.
>>

>> 5. Portrayed by Cybill Shepherd in a TV movie.
>>

>> Brian Rodenborn
>
>Hey! I LIKE Cybill Shepherd . . . Lynn in Fargo

she's a cutie. nice tits in 'the last picture show.'

your pal, blake

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 16:48:27 -0500, Nancy Young
<[email protected]> wrote:

> Excuse my french, but I firmly believe that person should be going after those f**** at Enron who
> deliberately stole all those retirement savings from their employees. That is a trial I can get
> behind, seems they are having more fun making Martha miserable over some kind of 'making an
> example' type of thing.
>
> Just my opinion.

Ditto...

On the brighter side, I have read lately that they are slowly bringing in some of the big
fish at Enron.

sf <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]... [snip]
> On the brighter side, I have read lately that they are slowly bringing in some of the big fish
> at Enron.

Any links? I'd be interested in reading that since my local fish wrap doesn't do national news
unless it involves one of the local sports fiefdoms. It ran a front page story for several days on a
dog and its irresponsible owner -- just as one example of what the editors consider newsworthy.

The Ranger

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:28:43 -0800, "The Ranger"
<[email protected]> wrote:

> sf <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]... [snip]
> > On the brighter side, I have read lately that they are slowly bringing in some of the big fish
> > at Enron.
>
> Any links?

Plug Enron CFO into Google and you'll get lots of hits, none of them are by my local fish wrap
because they don't archive stories originated elsewhere.

In any case, the ivory tower of Enron is slowly crumbling!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/energy/2004-01-14-enron-fastows_x.htm

The former CFO got 10 years and his wife will serve at least 5 months on a plea bargin... she's
agreed to rat on the higher ups.

> I'd be interested in reading that since my local fish wrap doesn't do national news unless it
> involves one of the local sports fiefdoms. It ran a front page story for several days on a dog
> and its irresponsible owner -- just as one example of what the editors consider newsworthy.

It's a local newspaper and they stick with local news. My niece used to work for one of those. She
wasn't allowed to report on anything outside of her county - human interest or hard news.

Luckily, she wrote lots articles that were national newsworthy and went out on the wires. She even
had a "don't blink" kink of spot on 60 Minutes when they did a segment about some local serial
killer who will only talk to her now that he's in jail.

The Ranger <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dog3 <dognospam@adjfkdla;not> suggested in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> Let your opinion be heard. Results posted on Sunday, 2/1/04. Cast your vote here:
>> http://www.misterpoll.com/1666990844.html

> Quick-n-dirty poll. I understand the need to keep it such but question 3, "Do you think Martha is
> not guilty and will be found innocent of all charges?" should have been broken down into two
> questions. "Do you think Martha is not guilty?" and "Do you think she will be found innocent of
> all charges?"

Ugh! No offense, but such polls are pointless. The only poll that counts is the one the jury in her
trial takes.

The Wolf <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BC405741.504CC%SNIP> >

> Who are our allies Mexico and canada? The entire world hates us because we have it so much better
> then they do. Note to Saddam, don't try and kill daddy. Note to Libya and North Korea W has 4-1/2
> more years so start toeing the American line.
>
> > and make us new enemies the way George Bush's first strike war of aggression, the rationale for
> > which was based on lies and distorted and poor intelligence. Nor did it lose three million jobs
> > or plunge the United States billions of dollars into the red. Trillions, by the time George Bush
> > is finished with us.
>

> 9/11 and the recession he inherited from Bubba, the truth hurts don't it.

Bush and his incoming team completely disregarded warnings that civilian aircraft might be
highjacked and used as weapons, and continued to ignore the idea through the first nine months of
2001 When the FBI was trying to warn mother ship that there were some very suspicious people in
flight school in Arizona in August, the warnings were ignored while the Prez was on vacation. On the
morning of September 11, Bush sat reading to schoolkids for half an hour after the first plane hit,
then went scuttling around the country in Air Force One while Rudolph Giuliani showed that he was a
real person and leader under the politician.

We are hated around the world more because of the ignorance and obnoxious behavior of people like
you and your Amerika Uber Alles attitude. In certain ways, yes we have it good. But I can't feel
terribly sorry for Europeans who get better, more reliable access to health care,better education,
better childcare and longer paid vacations than we do.

We had a budget surplus when Bush took office, now we're billions of dollars into the red. (Clinton
did a lot of economic things right, and for that reason alone, Neocons hate him.)

We were at peace and on decent terms with Russia, England, France and Germany when Bush took office.
We're now at war, and our credibility in Europe has been substantially damaged because of weapons of
mass disappearance. I can handle Congress disagreeing with Europe, but I expect a more mature
expression of that disagreement from the elected representatives of this country than seventh-grade
level puerile hostility, name calling, and "Freedom Fries/toast/braids" etc . The way certain
members of Congress behaved last spring was petty and appalling, and more fit for a grade school
playground than the U.S. Capitol.

I happen to believe turning a surplus into a huge deficit through cutting the taxes of the richest
people, waging an unnecessary war when we REALLY need to find Osama and fight terrorism, and souring
the friendship of our allies lousy economic and foreign policy.

Melissa

On 02/01/2004 12:28 PM, in article
[email protected], "Melissa Houle"
<[email protected]> opined:

> The Wolf <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<BC405741.504CC%SNIP> >

>> Who are our allies Mexico and canada? The entire world hates us because we have it so much better
>> then they do. Note to Saddam, don't try and kill daddy. Note to Libya and North Korea W has 4-1/2
>> more years so start toeing the American line.
>>
>>> and make us new enemies the way George Bush's first strike war of aggression, the rationale for
>>> which was based on lies and distorted and poor intelligence. Nor did it lose three million jobs
>>> or plunge the United States billions of dollars into the red. Trillions, by the time George Bush
>>> is finished with us.
>>

>> 9/11 and the recession he inherited from Bubba, the truth hurts don't it.
>
> Bush and his incoming team completely disregarded warnings that civilian aircraft might be
> highjacked and used as weapons, and continued to ignore the idea through the first nine
> months of 2001

You are one sorry ass Monday morning quarterback.

> When the FBI

Within the FBI the right hand had no clue what the left hand was doing, it's not Bushs' fault.

was trying to warn mother ship that there were some very
> suspicious people in flight school in Arizona in August, the warnings were ignored while the Prez
> was on vacation. On the morning of September 11, Bush sat reading to schoolkids for half an hour
> after the first plane hit, then went scuttling around the country in Air

the country. Did you bother to watch Tom Brokaw's exclusive piece?

> Force One while Rudolph Giuliani showed that he was a real person and leader under the politician.
>
> We are hated around the world more because of the ignorance and obnoxious behavior of people like
> you and your Amerika Uber Alles attitude.

Because we are a superior country who has try and fix all of the third world

In certain ways, yes we have it good. But I can't feel
> terribly sorry for Europeans who get better, more reliable access to health care,

Tell me why world leaders and foreign billionaires don't go to Europe for treatment when they have
cancer. Funny, but they all seem to wind up at the Mayo sp Clinic.

better education, better childcare and longer paid
> vacations than we do.
>
> We had a budget surplus when Bush took office, now we're billions of dollars into the red.
> (Clinton did a lot of economic things right, and for that reason alone, Neocons hate him.)

False economy AND the surplus budget was passed by a Republican congress, don't leave that out.

> We were at peace and on decent terms with Russia, England, France and Germany when Bush took
> office. We're now at war, and our credibility in Europe has been substantially damaged because of
> weapons of mass disappearance. I can handle Congress disagreeing with Europe, but I expect a more
> mature expression of that disagreement from the elected representatives of this country than seventh-
> grade level puerile hostility, name calling, and "Freedom Fries/toast/braids" etc . The way
> certain members of Congress behaved last spring was petty and appalling, and more fit for a grade
> school playground than the U.S. Capitol.
>
> I happen to believe turning a surplus into a huge deficit through cutting the taxes of the richest
> people, waging an unnecessary war when we REALLY need to find Osama and fight terrorism, and
> souring the friendship of our allies lousy economic and foreign policy.

What part of canada do you live in?

> Melissa

"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism...The one absolutely certain way of
bringing this nation to ruin...would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling
nationalities." Theodore Roosevelt. (Speech, New York, 1915)