RFC t-shirt travels Italy and Germany 1997

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Curly Sue, Aug 5, 2005.

  1. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    repost its escapades from 8 years ago.

    http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html

    (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)

    Sue(tm)

  2. Stan  Horwitz

    Stan Horwitz Guest

    In article <[email protected]>,
    [email protected] (Curly Sue) wrote:

    > Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    > repost its escapades from 8 years ago.
    >
    > http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html
    >
    > (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    > You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    > obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)

    Awesome! I can see what prompted you to make the comment about hair!
    Thanks for sharing.

  3. TammyM

    TammyM Guest

    "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    > repost its escapades from 8 years ago.
    >
    > http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html
    >
    > (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    > You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    > obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)

    I remember reading this back in the day -- such a well-travelled shirt you
    have! And of course, the pics prove you really ARE Curly Sue :) Thanks
    for the blast from the past.

    TammyM

  4. Dimitri

    Dimitri Guest

    "Curly Sue" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    > repost its escapades from 8 years ago.
    >
    > http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html
    >
    > (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    > You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    > obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)
    >
    > Sue(tm)
    > Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    Well the one thing I can say is you're using the right name....

    Regards,

    Dimitri

  5. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:
    > Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    > repost its escapades from 8 years ago.
    >
    > http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html
    >
    > (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    > You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    > obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)
    >
    > Sue(tm)
    > Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    Ok, now we know where the "Curly" part of your "sue-do-nym" came from!!
    Don't feel alone.... mine is just as as good at predicting rain if I
    grow it long :)

    Cute cats - do you still have them?

    OBFood: It's Friday so it's Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight - BTW they
    still call it "KFC" in this part of the world...

    Cheers
    Cathy

  6. Curly Sue

    Curly Sue Guest

    On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:29:08 +0200, cathyxyz
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Curly Sue wrote:
    >> Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    >> repost its escapades from 8 years ago.
    >>
    >> http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html
    >>
    >> (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    >> You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    >> obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)
    >>
    >> Sue(tm)
    >> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    >Ok, now we know where the "Curly" part of your "sue-do-nym" came from!!
    >Don't feel alone.... mine is just as as good at predicting rain if I
    >grow it long :)
    >
    >Cute cats - do you still have them?

    Yes. They were kittens then. It's hard to believe how tiny they
    were, compared to now (5 years later).

    >OBFood: It's Friday so it's Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight - BTW they
    >still call it "KFC" in this part of the world...

    Around here, I have seen stores called "Kennedy Fried Chicken," with
    the same color scheme etc. I don't know how they get away with it.

    Sue(tm)

  7. Curly Sue

    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Curly Sue wrote:
    >> Since we're discussing the t-shirt, I thought it might be fun to
    >> repost its escapades from 8 years ago.
    >>
    >> http://users.rcn.com/sue.interport/rfcshirt/index.html
    >>
    >> (The t-shirt has gained a few pounds in the intervening years :(
    >> You may notice that hair makes a good humidity meter. It should be
    >> obvious why some of us wear their hair in a bun these days!)
    >>
    >> Sue(tm)
    >> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

    >Ok, now we know where the "Curly" part of your "sue-do-nym" came from!!
    >Don't feel alone.... mine is just as as good at predicting rain if I
    >grow it long :)
    >
    >Cute cats - do you still have them?

    Yes. They were kittens then. It's hard to believe how tiny they
    were, compared to now (5 years later).

    >OBFood: It's Friday so it's Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight - BTW they
    >still call it "KFC" in this part of the world...

    Around here, I have seen stores called "Kennedy Fried Chicken," with
    the same color scheme etc. I don't know how they get away with it.

    Sue(tm)

  8. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest

    Curly Sue wrote:
    > On Fri, 05 Aug 2005 19:29:08 +0200, cathyxyz
    > <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>Cute cats - do you still have them?

    > Yes. They were kittens then. It's hard to believe how tiny they
    > were, compared to now (5 years later).

    Nice to hear that. We also have two cats - they own us... ;)

    >>OBFood: It's Friday so it's Kentucky Fried Chicken tonight - BTW they
    >>still call it "KFC" in this part of the world...

    > Around here, I have seen stores called "Kennedy Fried Chicken," with
    > the same color scheme etc. I don't know how they get away with it.

    Me neither. I would think that there would be something in the patent
    laws, or something... We have a few other chicken places here, but they
    don't have the same colour schemes or similar logos. Do you have Nando's
    in the States? They have good chicken as well. (not to mention their TV
    adverts - usually very controversial and funny).

    Cheers
    Cathy

  9. cathyxyz

    cathyxyz Guest