RFI: Cateye TL-1100

mark

Guest
I've read reports that Cateye have introduced a new LED taillight called
the TL-1100. It's apparently available in the UK but won't reach my side
of the pond (that being the left side) until Spring '07. I've got the
TL-1000 on my winter commuter and my tourer and I'm quite happy with it,
but I'm always interested in making myself a bit more visible to other
road users. Has anyone on this NG seen or used this light? Is it worth
putting on my shopping list for when it arrives on the US market, or
should I save my money?

TIA,

mark

"mark" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I've read reports that Cateye have introduced a new LED taillight called
> the TL-1100. It's apparently available in the UK but won't reach my side
> of the pond (that being the left side) until Spring '07. I've got the
> TL-1000 on my winter commuter and my tourer and I'm quite happy with it,
> but I'm always interested in making myself a bit more visible to other
> road users. Has anyone on this NG seen or used this light? Is it worth
> putting on my shopping list for when it arrives on the US market, or
> should I save my money?
>
> TIA,
>
> mark

See

<http://www.bikemagic.com/review/reviewproduct/mps/RGN/13/RCN/76/RPN/28817/v/1/sp/>

> See
>
> <http://www.bikemagic.com/review/reviewproduct/mps/RGN/13/RCN/76/RPN/28817/v/1/sp/>

Ignore. Not had enough caffeine yet...

mark wrote:
> I've read reports that Cateye have introduced a new LED taillight called
> the TL-1100. It's apparently available in the UK but won't reach my side
> of the pond (that being the left side) until Spring '07. I've got the
> TL-1000 on my winter commuter and my tourer and I'm quite happy with it,
> but I'm always interested in making myself a bit more visible to other
> road users. Has anyone on this NG seen or used this light? Is it worth
> putting on my shopping list for when it arrives on the US market, or
> should I save my money?
>
> TIA,
>
> mark

I bought one along with the new EL530 front light. Happy with both of
them, especially the front.
Battery life seems ok - I use them for 20 mins a day, 5 days a week and
after about 3 weeks haven't had to recharge the batteries in either.
For UK users, there is a waiting list on the the packs but if you ask
you can get them as seperates for the same price - forgot where i got
mine from.

wafflycat wrote:

>> See
>>
>> <http://www.bikemagic.com/review/reviewproduct/mps/RGN/13/RCN/76/RPN/28817/v/1/sp/>
>>

> Ignore. Not had enough caffeine yet...

I hate it when that happens to me. Thanks for the thought, anyway. I did
get some feedback on the C+ forum so it looks like the TL-1100 will be
on the shopping list, and the old TL-1000 will go to a bike that doesn't
see quite as much nighttime use.