RFI... Mackenzie River trrail



P

Pas

Guest
Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real hot.
Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle is. Or
anything else relevant.

tia

Penny
 
S

Sittingduck

Guest
pas wrote:

> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
> August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
> it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real hot.
> Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle is. Or
> anything else relevant.
>

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
ie/mckenzie3507.html

There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts of
it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it more, but
I tend to stick to pavement most of the time.....
 
P

Pas

Guest
sittingduck wrote:
> pas wrote:
>
>> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
>> in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
>> know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real
>> hot. Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle
>> is. Or anything else relevant.
>>
>
>
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
> ie/mckenzie3507.html
>
> There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts of
> it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it more,
> but I tend to stick to pavement most of the time.....

it looks like I will have to spend some time with the oregon
gazetter to figure the shuttle out.

p.
 
J

Jerry Bone Jr

Guest
Penny, I'm up for an August MRT ride. I can get together a
group. It makes the shuttle easier. JB.

"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sittingduck wrote:
> > pas wrote:
> >
> >> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
> >> in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
> >> know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get
> >> real hot. Specifically I want to know how long the
> >> shuttle is. Or anything else relevant.
> >>
> >
> >
>
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
> > ie/mckenzie3507.html
> >
> > There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts
> > of it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it
> > more, but I tend to stick to pavement most of the
> > time.....
>
> it looks like I will have to spend some time with the
> oregon gazetter to figure the shuttle out.
>
> p.
 
P

Pas

Guest
Jerry Bone Jr wrote:
> Penny, I'm up for an August MRT ride. I can get together a
> group. It makes the shuttle easier. JB.
>
> "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> sittingduck wrote:
>>> pas wrote:
>>>
>>>> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
>>>> in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
>>>> know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get
>>>> real hot. Specifically I want to know how long the
>>>> shuttle is. Or anything else relevant.
>>>>

a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would join
me, but open to possibilities. I may have a grrl gang going
organized from one of the women's boards I go to. Then
again, what's your group like? AMB-OR? who knows!!! I"m just
about game for anything.

And yes shuttles are infinitely more simple with at least
two people and two cars.

Penny
 
G

G.T.

Guest
"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sittingduck wrote:
> > pas wrote:
> >
> >> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
> >> in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
> >> know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get
> >> real hot. Specifically I want to know how long the
> >> shuttle is. Or anything else relevant.
> >>
> >
> >
>
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermcken z
> > ie/mckenzie3507.html
> >
> > There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts
> > of it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it
> > more, but I tend to stick to pavement most of the
> > time.....
>
> it looks like I will have to spend some time with the
> oregon gazetter to figure the shuttle out.
>

If you can't get someone to shuttle you can do sections.
Either out and backs, or loop on the highway and trail. It's
really a no brainer figuring out the logistics.

Greg
 
G

G.T.

Guest
"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jerry Bone Jr wrote:
> > Penny, I'm up for an August MRT ride. I can get together
> > a group. It makes the shuttle easier. JB.
> >
> > "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> >> sittingduck wrote:
> >>> pas wrote:
> >>>
> >>>> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4
> >>>> days in August, hanging out while hubby is
> >>>> conventioning. I know it's about a 25 mile ride and
> >>>> that it can get real hot. Specifically I want to
> >>>> know how long the shuttle is. Or anything else
> >>>> relevant.
> >>>>
>
> a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would join
> me, but open to possibilities. I may have a grrl gang
> going organized from one of the women's boards I go to.
> Then again, what's your group like? AMB-OR? who knows!!!
> I"m just about game for anything.
>
> And yes shuttles are infinitely more simple with at least
> two people and two cars.
>

Just don't forget your shoes as one a.m-ber did at McKenzie.

Greg "it wasn't me" T.
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:31:10 -0700, G.T. wrote:

> Just don't forget your shoes as one a.m-ber did at
> McKenzie.

What kind of dumbass would do such a thing? :)

At least you got a free burrito out if it!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)
 
P

Pas

Guest
BB wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:31:10 -0700, G.T. wrote:
>
>> Just don't forget your shoes as one a.m-ber did at
>> McKenzie.
>
> What kind of dumbass would do such a thing? :)
>
> At least you got a free burrito out if it!

blaine, you want to bring your shoes this next time? I seem
to recall that tale....

penny
 
B

Bob Rogers

Guest
"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
> August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
> it's about a 25 mile ride and
that
> it can get real hot. Specifically I want to know how long
> the shuttle is.
Or
> anything else relevant.
>
> tia
>
> Penny

Yo Wench,

I'll give you a ride on the tram if you know what I mean :)
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:31:00 -0700, pas wrote:

> a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would join
> me, but open to possibilities. I may have a grrl gang
> going organized from one of the women's boards I go to.
> Then again, what's your group like? AMB-OR? who knows!!!
> I"m just about game for anything.

I spent all day thinking you were talking about Lewis River,
and wonding how in the world one would shuttle it!

IIRC, we clocked 21 miles one-way; we could have gone
further to add in another 5 miles or so, but we were short
on time (some loser forgot his shoes). The drive in between
is about the same distance, and is all nicely-paved highway
so its pretty quick (~20 minutes). There's a campsite at the
north end, so parking is no issue.

There weren't any long downhills, so it would be quite
feasible as an out-and-back if required. In fact, it never
really seemed like we were going downhill, but we surely
must have been because we burned through that 21 miles
pretty fast.

I don't remember it being particularly hot, and I think it
was July when we rode.

If I'm not busy with work or anything, I'd be up for a trip
down there. Keep me posted when you have a firm date.

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)
 
P

Pas

Guest
BB wrote:
>>
> IIRC, we clocked 21 miles one-way; we could have gone
> further to add in another 5 miles or so, but we were short
> on time (some loser forgot his shoes). The drive in
> between is about the same distance, and is all nicely-
> paved highway so its pretty quick (~20 minutes). There's a
> campsite at the north end, so parking is no issue.
>
> There weren't any long downhills, so it would be quite
> feasible as an out-and-back if required. In fact, it never
> really seemed like we were going downhill, but we surely
> must have been because we burned through that 21 miles
> pretty fast.
>
> I don't remember it being particularly hot, and I think it
> was July when we rode.
>
> If I'm not busy with work or anything, I'd be up for a
> trip down there. Keep me posted when you have a firm date.

I already know that, I"ll be in Eugene 5-8 of august, Craig
has the divisional ski patrol convention. If I don't plan
some riding, I'll be stuck with shopping or the golf event.

Sat would be the best, I think.

penny
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:04:35 -0700, pas wrote:
>
> blaine, you want to bring your shoes this next time? I
> seem to recall that tale....

Well OK but you're going to miss out on some killer burritos
at the taqueria next to the bike shop!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)
 
G

G.T.

Guest
"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:31:00 -0700, pas wrote:
>
> > a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would
> > join me, but open
to
> > possibilities. I may have a grrl gang going organized
> > from one of the women's boards I go to. Then again,
> > what's your group like? AMB-OR?
who
> > knows!!! I"m just about game for anything.
>
> I spent all day thinking you were talking about Lewis
> River, and wonding how in the world one would shuttle it!
>
> IIRC, we clocked 21 miles one-way; we could have gone
> further to add in another 5 miles or so, but we were short
> on time (some loser forgot his shoes). The drive in
> between is about the same distance, and is all nicely-
> paved highway so its pretty quick (~20 minutes). There's a
> campsite at the north end, so parking is no issue.
>
> There weren't any long downhills, so it would be quite
> feasible as an out-and-back if required. In fact, it never
> really seemed like we were going downhill, but we surely
> must have been because we burned through that 21 miles
> pretty fast.
>
> I don't remember it being particularly hot, and I think it
> was July when we rode.
>

It was hot for me, about 85, but I had been used to under 60
weather along the NorCal coast.

Greg
 
T

Tj

Guest
"sittingduck" <spam.t[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> pas wrote:
>
> > Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
> > in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
> > know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real
> > hot. Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle
> > is. Or anything else relevant.
> >
>
>
http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
> ie/mckenzie3507.html
>
> There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts of
> it. Since I
live
> nearby, I probably should ride it more, but I tend to
> stick to pavement
most
> of the time.....

The link is dead.

TJ. www.gvii.net/hundtoft
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:20:17 -0700, pas wrote:

> I already know that, I"ll be in Eugene 5-8 of august,
> Craig has the divisional ski patrol convention. If I
> don't plan some riding, I'll be stuck with shopping or
> the golf event.
>
> Sat would be the best, I think.

Sounds good. I'll try to make it. I'll try to talk my riding
bud into joining in so I won't be the only guy there. :)

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)
 
B

Bb

Guest
On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:27:41 -0700, pas wrote:

> Looks like AMB-OR is in the making?
>
> hmmm.

All we need is an old mobile home!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)
 
P

Pas

Guest
BB wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:27:41 -0700, pas wrote:
>
>> Looks like AMB-OR is in the making?
>>
>> hmmm.
>
> All we need is an old mobile home!

I'll be at the Hilton downtown, courtesy of Craig's NSP
directorship. And no, you cannot sleep on the floor.

Penny
 
J

Jd

Guest
"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
> August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
> it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real hot.
> Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle is. Or
> anything else relevant.
>
> tia
>
> Penny

Ride it as an out and back. Lunch at the lake lodge is
pretty good.

JD