RFI... Mackenzie River trrail

Pas

Guest
Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real hot.
Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle is. Or
anything else relevant.

tia

Penny

pas wrote:

> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
> August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
> it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real hot.
> Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle is. Or
> anything else relevant.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
ie/mckenzie3507.html

There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts of
it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it more, but
I tend to stick to pavement most of the time.....

sittingduck wrote:
> pas wrote:
>
>> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
>> in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
>> know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real
>> hot. Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle
>> is. Or anything else relevant.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
> ie/mckenzie3507.html
>
> There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts of
> it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it more,
> but I tend to stick to pavement most of the time.....

it looks like I will have to spend some time with the oregon
gazetter to figure the shuttle out.

p.

Penny, I'm up for an August MRT ride. I can get together a
group. It makes the shuttle easier. JB.

news:[email protected]...

Jerry Bone Jr wrote:
> Penny, I'm up for an August MRT ride. I can get together a
> group. It makes the shuttle easier. JB.
>
> "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> sittingduck wrote:

a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would join
me, but open to possibilities. I may have a grrl gang going
organized from one of the women's boards I go to. Then
again, what's your group like? AMB-OR? who knows!!! I"m just
about game for anything.

And yes shuttles are infinitely more simple with at least
two people and two cars.

Penny

"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> sittingduck wrote:
> > pas wrote:
> >
> >> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
> >> in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
> >> know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get
> >> real hot. Specifically I want to know how long the
> >> shuttle is. Or anything else relevant.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermcken z
> > ie/mckenzie3507.html
> >
> > There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts
> > of it. Since I live nearby, I probably should ride it
> > more, but I tend to stick to pavement most of the
> > time.....
>
> it looks like I will have to spend some time with the
> oregon gazetter to figure the shuttle out.

If you can't get someone to shuttle you can do sections.
Either out and backs, or loop on the highway and trail. It's
really a no brainer figuring out the logistics.

Greg

"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Jerry Bone Jr wrote:
> > Penny, I'm up for an August MRT ride. I can get together
> > a group. It makes the shuttle easier. JB.
> >
> > "pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...

> a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would join
> me, but open to possibilities. I may have a grrl gang
> going organized from one of the women's boards I go to.
> Then again, what's your group like? AMB-OR? who knows!!!
> I"m just about game for anything.
>
> And yes shuttles are infinitely more simple with at least
> two people and two cars.

Just don't forget your shoes as one a.m-ber did at McKenzie.

Greg "it wasn't me" T.

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:31:10 -0700, G.T. wrote:

> Just don't forget your shoes as one a.m-ber did at
> McKenzie.

What kind of dumbass would do such a thing? :)

At least you got a free burrito out if it!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)

BB wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 19:31:10 -0700, G.T. wrote:
>
>> Just don't forget your shoes as one a.m-ber did at
>> McKenzie.
>
> What kind of dumbass would do such a thing? :)
>
> At least you got a free burrito out if it!

blaine, you want to bring your shoes this next time? I seem
to recall that tale....

penny

"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
> August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
> it's about a 25 mile ride and
that
> it can get real hot. Specifically I want to know how long
> the shuttle is.
Or
> anything else relevant.
>
> tia
>
> Penny

Yo Wench,

I'll give you a ride on the tram if you know what I mean :)

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:31:00 -0700, pas wrote:

> a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would join
> me, but open to possibilities. I may have a grrl gang
> going organized from one of the women's boards I go to.
> Then again, what's your group like? AMB-OR? who knows!!!
> I"m just about game for anything.

I spent all day thinking you were talking about Lewis River,
and wonding how in the world one would shuttle it!

IIRC, we clocked 21 miles one-way; we could have gone
further to add in another 5 miles or so, but we were short
on time (some loser forgot his shoes). The drive in between
is about the same distance, and is all nicely-paved highway
so its pretty quick (~20 minutes). There's a campsite at the
north end, so parking is no issue.

There weren't any long downhills, so it would be quite
feasible as an out-and-back if required. In fact, it never
really seemed like we were going downhill, but we surely
must have been because we burned through that 21 miles
pretty fast.

I don't remember it being particularly hot, and I think it
was July when we rode.

If I'm not busy with work or anything, I'd be up for a trip
down there. Keep me posted when you have a firm date.

--

BB wrote:

> IIRC, we clocked 21 miles one-way; we could have gone
> further to add in another 5 miles or so, but we were short
> on time (some loser forgot his shoes). The drive in
> between is about the same distance, and is all nicely-
> paved highway so its pretty quick (~20 minutes). There's a
> campsite at the north end, so parking is no issue.
>
> There weren't any long downhills, so it would be quite
> feasible as an out-and-back if required. In fact, it never
> really seemed like we were going downhill, but we surely
> must have been because we burned through that 21 miles
> pretty fast.
>
> I don't remember it being particularly hot, and I think it
> was July when we rode.
>
> If I'm not busy with work or anything, I'd be up for a
> trip down there. Keep me posted when you have a firm date.

I already know that, I"ll be in Eugene 5-8 of august, Craig
has the divisional ski patrol convention. If I don't plan
some riding, I'll be stuck with shopping or the golf event.

Sat would be the best, I think.

penny

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:04:35 -0700, pas wrote:

> blaine, you want to bring your shoes this next time? I
> seem to recall that tale....

Well OK but you're going to miss out on some killer burritos
at the taqueria next to the bike shop!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)

"BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 15:31:00 -0700, pas wrote:
>
> > a lurker? I was kind of hoping that Gab and BB would
> > join me, but open
> > possibilities. I may have a grrl gang going organized
> > from one of the women's boards I go to. Then again,
> > what's your group like? AMB-OR?
who
> > knows!!! I"m just about game for anything.
>
> I spent all day thinking you were talking about Lewis
> River, and wonding how in the world one would shuttle it!
>
> IIRC, we clocked 21 miles one-way; we could have gone
> further to add in another 5 miles or so, but we were short
> on time (some loser forgot his shoes). The drive in
> between is about the same distance, and is all nicely-
> paved highway so its pretty quick (~20 minutes). There's a
> campsite at the north end, so parking is no issue.
>
> There weren't any long downhills, so it would be quite
> feasible as an out-and-back if required. In fact, it never
> really seemed like we were going downhill, but we surely
> must have been because we burned through that 21 miles
> pretty fast.
>
> I don't remember it being particularly hot, and I think it
> was July when we rode.

It was hot for me, about 85, but I had been used to under 60
weather along the NorCal coast.

Greg

"sittingduck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> pas wrote:
>
> > Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days
> > in August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I
> > know it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real
> > hot. Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle
> > is. Or anything else relevant.

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/-
trails/uppermckenz
> ie/mckenzie3507.html
>
> There ya go! It's an awesome place, I've been on parts of
> it. Since I
live
> nearby, I probably should ride it more, but I tend to
> stick to pavement
most
> of the time.....

The link is dead.

TJ. www.gvii.net/hundtoft

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:20:17 -0700, pas wrote:

> I already know that, I"ll be in Eugene 5-8 of august,
> Craig has the divisional ski patrol convention. If I
> don't plan some riding, I'll be stuck with shopping or
> the golf event.
>
> Sat would be the best, I think.

Sounds good. I'll try to make it. I'll try to talk my riding
bud into joining in so I won't be the only guy there. :)

--

On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:27:41 -0700, pas wrote:

> Looks like AMB-OR is in the making?
>
> hmmm.

All we need is an old mobile home!

--

BB wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:27:41 -0700, pas wrote:
>
>> Looks like AMB-OR is in the making?
>>
>> hmmm.
>
> All we need is an old mobile home!

I'll be at the Hilton downtown, courtesy of Craig's NSP
directorship. And no, you cannot sleep on the floor.

Penny

"pas" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just doing some homework. I'll be in Eugene for 4 days in
> August, hanging out while hubby is conventioning. I know
> it's about a 25 mile ride and that it can get real hot.
> Specifically I want to know how long the shuttle is. Or
> anything else relevant.
>
> tia
>
> Penny

Ride it as an out and back. Lunch at the lake lodge is
pretty good.

JD