Rib pain. What is it?

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Rj, Apr 8, 2004.

  1. Rj

    Rj Guest

    I have been having pain in my ribs for a couple of years.
    It's most notable when pressure is put on them. For example
    when I lay in bed or lean back or forward in a chair. They
    also seem to be affected when there is pressure on the
    inside, say when I eat a larger than normal meal. Mine is
    mostly at the bottom of the ribs but on the inside. I do not
    take any meds except if it gets really bad then I pop an
    Advil or two. I am not familiar with pleurisy. Could it be
    possible that I have this condition for years? Wouldn't I be
    in a great amout of pain? I do not have pain when I breathe.
    I can cause relief when I massage by hand the painful area.
    I have had all of the standard (blood, chest scan, heart,
    stress) tests and all are normal. I am of proper weight and
    don't drink or smoke, regulary exercise.

    Tags:

  2. Anon

    Anon Guest

    On 2004-04-08 20:18:33 -0400, [email protected] (RJ) said:

    Doesn't sound like anything to worry about. Quit
    obscessing about it.

    Next!

    > I have been having pain in my ribs for a couple of years.
    > It's most notable when pressure is put on them. For
    > example when I lay in bed or lean back or forward in a
    > chair. They also seem to be affected when there is
    > pressure on the inside, say when I eat a larger than
    > normal meal. Mine is mostly at the bottom of the ribs but
    > on the inside. I do not take any meds except if it gets
    > really bad then I pop an Advil or two. I am not familiar
    > with pleurisy. Could it be possible that I have this
    > condition for years? Wouldn't I be in a great amout of
    > pain? I do not have pain when I breathe. I can cause
    > relief when I massage by hand the painful area. I have had
    > all of the standard (blood, chest scan, heart, stress)
    > tests and all are normal. I am of proper weight and don't
    > drink or smoke, regulary exercise.

  3. Plaine

    Plaine Guest

    It could be ~ Costochondritis Definition: An inflammation
    of a rib or the cartilage connecting a rib. This is a
    common cause of chest-wall pain. Inflammation or injury
    involving the chest muscles is another common cause of chest-
    wall pain.

    news:200404122213208930%[email protected]...