Ribbed Shoe Laces

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Terry Smith, Apr 20, 2006.

  1. Terry Smith

    Terry Smith Guest

    I've got a somewhat narrow ankle. Been using Mizunos running shoes with
    bio-lock which allows me to tighten the laces enough to hold the shoe firm
    at the angle while leaving the laces loose toward the toes. With my shoes
    without 'lock' laces eventually slip i.e loosen around ankle and/or tighten
    near front. Unfortunately 'bio-lock' is now only available on most
    expensive mizunos.

    My latest shoes have ribbed laces (not sure of correct name). They have
    bulges and dips. Anyway I've found they do the same as bio-lock. I can
    have them tight at top of shoe and they don't slip.

    Like to buy laces for my other shoes. Anyone know the correct name and a
    source?

    Thanks

    Terry S.

    Tags:

  2. vanscol

    vanscol Guest

    Dunno what the laces are called, but I saw a tip on lacing on the New
    Balance site. They suggest using "two sets of shorter laces, one to
    lace the bottom three eyelets and the second to lace the top eyelets."

    Go here to see an animation of the lacing:
    http://newbalance.com/techcenter/getting_fit.html
    Then click on "Lacing for a better fit".
    >From there, click on "Narrow Heel, Wide Forefoot"

  3. Terry Smith

    Terry Smith Guest

    That's certainly and interesting work-around. The nice thing about the
    'ribbed' (if that's what they're called), is they stay put in every loop
    eye-let in the shoe. No matter how many miles I end of going there's not
    change in the lace tightness in any particular loop.

    news:[email protected]