ribble AGAIN ARGH!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by DeeKay, Nov 24, 2005.

  1. DeeKay

    DeeKay Guest

    Hi all from Australia,

    Yes, another *sucker* for the cheap prices, here is the tale.....

    1 NOV - Place order on website for some STI shifters.

    Ribble website: "Overseas customers should normally expect to receive
    their order within 3-8 days from the date of despatch. We will despatch
    Parts and Accessories and Clothing items within 72 hours."

    3 NOV - Email to Ribble - when can I expect it to be sent and when
    should I expect it to be delivered? Reply: QUOTE: "Your order should
    leave us in the next two days."

    4 NOV - Should have Parts despatched by now according to website. No
    Visa Transaction. No email from Ribble.

    5 NOV - "Next 2 days" expires.

    7 NOV - Visa card charged for the article. No email from Ribble.

    12 NOV - Silly sucker places order for some more gear, a chainring and
    a cassette.

    22 NOV - Order for chainring and cassette arrives. Amazing.

    22 NOV - Email to Ribble, thanks for 2nd order, where is 1st order? No
    reply.

    24 NOV - DeeKay reads up on Ribble via forums across web. OH NO!!!!!
    Email to Ribble - you have 24 hours to reply with a good explaination
    and the goods are on my desk OR I will reverse the Visa charge and
    dispute. NO REPLY.

    25 NOV - Walk into friendly Bank, helped by lovely finance sector
    worker and places dispute form to fraud section.

    I am NOT going to wait. I may be half a planet away but the law is the
    law.

    DeeKay - wiser and wiser

    BTW ProbikeKit have been sensational for ages to Australia, I was
    tempted by a few dollars and got burnt. NEVER again.

    Tags:

  2. mb

    mb Guest

    DeeKay wrote:

    > Hi all from Australia,

    8<
    > DeeKay - wiser and wiser

    Prolly on the slow boat.
    Last time I sent something to Australia from Holland (ebay sale), it
    took THREE MONTHS to get there.

    --
    Mike

  3. Steve W

    Steve W Guest

    I ordered from Ground Effect in NZ and the goods arrived in UK within a
    week, so good service is available from the other side of the planet!

    SW

    "mb" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > DeeKay wrote:
    >
    > > Hi all from Australia,
    > >

    > 8<
    > > DeeKay - wiser and wiser

    > Prolly on the slow boat.
    > Last time I sent something to Australia from Holland (ebay sale), it
    > took THREE MONTHS to get there.
    >

    > --
    > Mike

  4. dkahn400

    dkahn400 Guest

    Steve W wrote:
    > I ordered from Ground Effect in NZ and the goods arrived in UK within a
    > week, so good service is available from the other side of the planet!

    It's obviously quicker if the courier goes against the spin of the
    Earth instead of with it.

    --
    Dave...