ribble AGAIN ARGH!!!!!!!

DeeKay

Guest
Hi all from Australia,

Yes, another *sucker* for the cheap prices, here is the tale.....

1 NOV - Place order on website for some STI shifters.

Ribble website: "Overseas customers should normally expect to receive
their order within 3-8 days from the date of despatch. We will despatch
Parts and Accessories and Clothing items within 72 hours."

3 NOV - Email to Ribble - when can I expect it to be sent and when
should I expect it to be delivered? Reply: QUOTE: "Your order should
leave us in the next two days."

4 NOV - Should have Parts despatched by now according to website. No
Visa Transaction. No email from Ribble.

5 NOV - "Next 2 days" expires.

7 NOV - Visa card charged for the article. No email from Ribble.

12 NOV - Silly sucker places order for some more gear, a chainring and
a cassette.

22 NOV - Order for chainring and cassette arrives. Amazing.

22 NOV - Email to Ribble, thanks for 2nd order, where is 1st order? No
reply.

24 NOV - DeeKay reads up on Ribble via forums across web. OH NO!!!!!
Email to Ribble - you have 24 hours to reply with a good explaination
and the goods are on my desk OR I will reverse the Visa charge and
dispute. NO REPLY.

25 NOV - Walk into friendly Bank, helped by lovely finance sector
worker and places dispute form to fraud section.

I am NOT going to wait. I may be half a planet away but the law is the
law.

DeeKay - wiser and wiser

BTW ProbikeKit have been sensational for ages to Australia, I was
tempted by a few dollars and got burnt. NEVER again.

DeeKay wrote:

> Hi all from Australia,

8<
> DeeKay - wiser and wiser

Prolly on the slow boat.
Last time I sent something to Australia from Holland (ebay sale), it
took THREE MONTHS to get there.

--
Mike

I ordered from Ground Effect in NZ and the goods arrived in UK within a
week, so good service is available from the other side of the planet!

SW

news:[email protected]...

Steve W wrote:
> I ordered from Ground Effect in NZ and the goods arrived in UK within a
> week, so good service is available from the other side of the planet!

It's obviously quicker if the courier goes against the spin of the
Earth instead of with it.

--
Dave...