Ribble Cycles: a warning

Pete Biggs wrote:
> JLB wrote:
>

>>>If you have a case, a small claims court action would probably be
>>>quite effective. Cycle shops have lots of nice kit for the bailiffs
>>>go after & they know it.

> Do I need to use a court local to the company or local to me?

Do it on-line
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

All the information you need is there.

Tony

> Everytime they start waffling just say the same words again "I want to
> report an unauthorised transaction". Become as robotic as the scripted
> call centre monkey your bank forces you to interact with. I'd amuse
> myself with counting just how many times I could say the phrase in the
> one phonecall :)

Eugh, phonecalls are expensive! If you've got the time go to a branch and
see a real person - they're better trained and get it sorted there and then
without costing you several pounds. Of course a few quid might be better
than losing your lunch break :-/

Pete

Come off the fence say what you mean, you are among friends, why not express
yourself.

Remove my Bra to reply

"Pete Biggs" <pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> One month ago, Ribble Cycles took money from my bank account without
> permission. Despite contacting them numerous times by letter, phone and
> email, I still have not been fully refunded. It now seems like they are
> deliberately winding me up and they have stopped answering my emails (I
> know they still receive and read emails).
>
> These people are the worst bunch of wankers I've ever had the misfortune
> of dealing with. Dear reader, I strongly suggest you never order anything
> from them. They cannot be trusted to correct mistakes and are clearly
> extremely incompetent if not dishonest if not psychopathic!
>
> ~PB

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:24:01 -0000, "Pete Biggs"
<pwrinkledgrape{remove_fruit}@biggs.tc> wrote:

>he bank has now refunded the charges after I wrote
>to them (I'm **** on the phone at things like this). And Dribble finally
>coughed up for the value of the goods returned.

That's good to hear Pete, glad it's all sorted.

>It was £55.04 in the end. £25 charge for every single DAY overdrawn then
>interest plus a £5 monthly charge!

HOLY COW !!

Twenty five quid a DAY? That is f***ing outrageous!

I think you should tell us the name of these thieving swines, so we
will be aware of their nature in future.

Anyway, hope the hip is healing well Pete, have a good Christmas mate
( Woo Hoo !! Figgy Pudding !! ).

--

Call me "Bob"

"More oneness, less categories,
Open hearts, no strategies"

Call me Bob wrote:

>> It was £55.04 in the end. £25 charge for every single DAY overdrawn
>> then interest plus a £5 monthly charge!

> HOLY COW !!
>
> Twenty five quid a DAY? That is f***ing outrageous!

LOL! It is outrageous but after re-reading the small print I see I was
being slightly misleading. It's £25 if "you have an unauthorised
overdraft for any 2 days in a monthly charging period" then a further £25
if "you have an unauthorised overdraft for any further 3 days in a monthly
charging period....Capped at £50 per month". Additionally there's the
interest + £5 monthly charge + £30 for any "failed transaction because of
unsufficient funds".

> I think you should tell us the name of these thieving swines, so we
> will be aware of their nature in future.

Alliance & Leicester. They're otherwise very good, actually. Just stay
in the black!

Merry Christmas to you and all readers.

~PB, so far taking my consultant's advice of not drinking too much to
ensure I don't fall over