Ribble online

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Simon Galgut, Feb 4, 2003.

  1. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    www.ribblecycles.co.uk have an online shop now. Prices for handbuilt wheels (with free wheelbags)
    seem good and Conti Gatorskins at 11.95 (inc free tube) seem good as well.

    NAYY

    Regards Simon

    Tags:

  2. Tony Raven

    Tony Raven Guest

    Simon Galgut <[email protected]> wrote:
    > www.ribblecycles.co.uk have an online shop now. Prices for handbuilt wheels (with free wheelbags)
    > seem good and Conti Gatorskins at 11.95 (inc free tube) seem good as well.

    Do a Google groups search on Ribble in urc before you are tempted.

    Tony

    http://www.raven-family.com

    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" George
    Bernard Shaw.

  3. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    "Tony Raven" <junk[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Simon Galgut <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > www.ribblecycles.co.uk have an online shop now. Prices for handbuilt wheels (with free
    > > wheelbags) seem good and Conti Gatorskins at 11.95
    (inc
    > > free tube) seem good as well.
    > >

    > Do a Google groups search on Ribble in urc before you are tempted.
    >
    > Tony

    I'll let you know. I ordered some wheels that I dont need for a few weeks. My theory is that the
    initial response to on-line orders fron a new website is usually good - after a while when the
    novelty has worn off things might change. Anyway my Ksyriums will look nice hanging in the garage in
    their new free wheelbags while I wreck the cheapo ones (if they arrive ! )

    Regards Simon

  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    For what it's worth, I too checked the newsgroups for Ribble before taking the plunge and ordering a
    bike from them last year. The only messing around was done by me, changing part of the order a
    couple of days later. The bike arrived within a fortnight, exactly as specced. And that's a delivery
    to Ireland - it can take that long for a letter to get here!

    I merely mention this as the newsgroup search - probably inevitably - only throws up complaints.

    Steve

  5. "Simon Galgut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > I'll let you know. I ordered some wheels that I dont need for a few weeks. My theory is that the
    > initial response to on-line orders fron a new
    website
    > is usually good - after a while when the novelty has worn off things might change.

    there is also the "praise == kiss of death" phenomenon I have noticed with on-line traders.

    They sometimes appear to underestimate the resource required to deal with a sudden peak in customer
    demand (or just don't have that resource anyway) - they have a successful marketing campaign or are
    praised on usenet or the web and then find they cannot deal with the influx of orders this causes!

    I noticed this happen to online DIY kit dealer Screwfix in Summer 2001 (took them several months to
    recover, with a lot of negative publicity) , and more recently to Smile Internet bank after good
    press in the Guardian encouraged loads of new customers! To give Credit to Smile/Co-Op, they were
    very honest what had happened and dealt with it quickly, and when I needed info urgently the co-op
    bank call centre gave it straight away, *with an apology*.

    However both the above were large companies - I can see how an SME can get quickly overwhelmed with
    orders and start letting customers down - to the point where they may even be suspected (perhaps
    incorrectly, but understandably from a *customer* point of view) of fraudulent trading!

    Alex

  6. Simon Galgut

    Simon Galgut Guest

    "Simon Galgut" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > www.ribblecycles.co.uk have an online shop now. Prices for handbuilt
    wheels
    > (with free wheelbags) seem good and Conti Gatorskins at 11.95 (inc free tube) seem good as well.

    And as a follow-up.

    Goods arrived this afternoon - a whole two days after ordering them. The wheels (handbuilt black
    Mavic open pro on Black Shimano 105 with D/B stainless spokes) look fine and really pimpy. The tyres
    were the right type and size and the cassette was correct. Even the free inner tubes were correct.
    The free Mavic wheelbags are lovely and red and will decorate the garage beautifully when filled
    with a pair of Ksryium SSL off my Zeppelin. Only thing missing (not off the order - it wasn't
    available on the website) was rim tape which I picked up on the way home.

    My only experience with Ribble so far and I have to give them 10 / 10

    Regards Simon