Ric Stern-Pro or Con?

bozy said:
Nothing is being given away here. This is a commercial website not a philanthropy.
The problem is what products and services are being sold by the people giving the "free advice?" Since you don't know (they won't tell) you can't evaluate what you're being told.
Most of the people who contribute to this site are not trying to sell us anything. It is very easy to spot the ones who are and ignore them.
Coaches who promote any particular product or product range open themselves up to the kind of accusation that you are making, but if that has been happening in Ric's postings then I have missed it.
I will discuss bikes, training, nutrition and other cycling stuff but I think that I will now withdraw from the "professional misconduct" debate as being boring and futile.

Orange Fish said:
Felt Rider, I'd add you to that list of posters to watch too. I've seen many a good post with your name on them. :)
How can you determine "credibility" when you don't know whether the poster or moderator is trying to sell or inform?
Worse yet, when you don't know whether he's selling or what he's selling.
I believe (I'd like more input here) that this site my be unique in this respect. When a poster enters sites of other known cycling coaches, he/she knows very well who is in charge of the site and what they're trying to accomplish-this is how it ought to be.
On Cycling Forums.com one really doesn't know what's going on. "Credibility "cannot be accessed.

Don Shipp said:
Most of the people who contribute to this site are not trying to sell us anything. It is very easy to spot the ones who are and ignore them.
Coaches who promote any particular product or product range open themselves up to the kind of accusation that you are making, but if that has been happening in Ric's postings then I have missed it.
I will discuss bikes, training, nutrition and other cycling stuff but I think that I will now withdraw from the "professional misconduct" debate as being boring and futile.
You don't know if you've "missed it" because Ric won't own up to what services and products he's selling.

bozy said:
You don't know if you've "missed it" because Ric won't own up to what services and products he's selling.

Pardon my french, but what the **** are you talking about? It is well known that Ric is a coach (or did you miss the signature line at the end of each of his posts?), and has repeatedly stated that he sells PowerTaps (as do many other coaches).

acoggan said:
Pardon my french, but what the **** are you talking about? It is well known that Ric is a coach (or did you miss the signature line at the end of each of his posts?), and has repeatedly stated that he sells PowerTaps (as do many other coaches).
Sorry, the forum prohibits obscenity.

bozy said:
I'm starting to wonder what it is that you are selling.

Felt_Rider said:
Probably bass lures because several of us are biting while he is trolling.
Strangely, there is some bloke with my name on the internet selling bass lures and fishing flies. And yet another Don Shipp selling turkey callers, and hunting for big bucks. Neither are me.

Don Shipp said:
I was not confused, I was just going off at a tangent. :)

Ah....so you are leading us fish away from the fake bait back out to the good water where there is real food for thought. :D

Good Job!!!

Felt_Rider said:
Ah....so you are leading us fish away from the fake bait back out to the good water where there is real food for thought. :D

Good Job!!!
I seems as if they are no longer biting in this particular backwater.

acoggan said:
Pardon my french, but what the deleted word are you talking about? It is well known that Ric is a coach (or did you miss the signature line at the end of each of his posts?), and has repeatedly stated that he sells PowerTaps (as do many other coaches).

Thanks for the tip, forgot about Ric as a power tapp source.

I see Ric's posts and am grateful for his time.

Now that Ric has been renamed 'Community Leader' will he have to take people like Bozy on walks in the countrside and try to integrate them into normal society?